Topic: UFX delivery?

has anyone been able to take delivery of a UFX in the US during the past month? My retailer keeps slipping the date further and further out and I was wondering if other retailers have been able to take delivery during this time?

Re: UFX delivery?

Sorry, but the interest in the Fireface UFX is very high. You can contact the US distributor Synthax Inc. Maybe they can name you a dealer who has the UFX still in stock.

best regrds
Knut

I just got mine today. I got it through Sweetwater but I have had it on order since October of last year. I too was chasing deadline after deadline. It seemed as if I would never get it. I was very persistent and kept pestering my sales rep with constant emails. I got on the "list" and somehow I lucked out.
My Sweetwater rep said it might be April before they have more sad . As Admin Knut indicated it is in high demand and your bet bet is to bug Synthax.
Sweetwater claims to have a good relationship with RME. Good luck, just keep at it.

P.S. I have a bit of a learning curve on setting it up with my current studio requirements, but so far it seems to rock. Just barely got it turned on and some sound
running through it.

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

ok that sucks because my initial UFX unit was one of the first delivered by Sweetwater back in October. It immediately got the LCD lines error and I sent it back for replacement. Sweetwater assured me my replacement unit would be at the top of their delivery list. I am now extremely mad that I was lied to and other people are getting their new deliveries over my faulty unit.

I will be demanding my money back from Sweetwater and try Synthax if they can deliver a unit quickly. Goodbye Sweetwater. It has been a long relationship but this has been the most expensive item I bought from you and you have failed. Big time.

wow, that's raw! people do make mistakes but it sounds like you sure deserve a unit pronto. It might not be sweetwater's fault completely though, it seems like RME totally misjudged the balance between marketing and production. there are several web companies that have been advertising the ufx
for months now and the interest is really high for the product but even sweetwater is only getting a trickle of units coming through.

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6