Topic: Fireface UC cracks, drop-outs, pitch etc... On windows

Hi there,

I just bought a RME fireface UC to change my previous Fireface 400, because I was tired of Firewire incompatibilities.

My system is:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.8Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Memory: 16 Gbs DDR2 OCZ Platinium
Soundcard: RME Fireface UC
Windows Vista business 64bit

And the result is that I'm pretty desperate, when I run VLC I can read the music but with lots of drop outs and cracks, Windows media Player accelerates the tempo, and transposes the notes.

First of all I've installed the soundcard on Windows 7 bit, and I realised that RME FF UC software doesn't support W 7 64bit... I read the instruction and installed it well through the task manager etc... But I encountered cracks, dropouts, tempo problems, and high pitched sounds, even for internal PC sounds, so I switched to Vista 64 bits and had the very same problems !!
My aim is to make it work with Cubase 5 64bits but if it dosn't work with PC sounds and integrated players at first...

I bought RME for its legendary stability... But here I have no answer to solve this...

All the best,

Prophets

Re: Fireface UC cracks, drop-outs, pitch etc... On windows

The UC is compatible with Vista 64 and Win 7 64, of course. Which driver version is installed? Which firmware on the unit?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for your quick reply,
I am using the latest driver and firmware available on the RME website.

Actually the FF UC works great in Cubase 5 64bits but there's no way to listen to a track or to watch a movie with VLC or Windows Media Player, even quicktime.
VLC exeriences lots of cracks, WMP and Quitime accelerate the tempo and pitched the sound.

I'm really disapointed, I hope this will be fixed soon.

EDIT

Problem Partly SOLVED

In VLC:
Tools -> Preferences (show all) -> Audio -> Wave out -> Fireface Analog 7+8 (or whatever you want)

I hope that will help some users.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

All the Best,

Prophest

Sounds like you use the wrong sample rate in the FF settings. This should be changed to match the file played in WMP or VLC (Cubase will switch the unit automatically with ASIO).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes indeed ! cool

Thanks a lot!

All the best,

Prophest