Topic: Official Statement about compatibility with El Capitan?

What is RME's official statement on the compatibility with the most recent release of OS X?
I remember some issues with USB early on. Have they been ironed out?

Cheers,

Eric

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Re: Official Statement about compatibility with El Capitan?

From Apple, yes. The last version before final worked completely fault-free with our units. I had no time to test the just released version so far, though.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That sounds just marvelous.
Thank you for your quick reply.

/Eric.

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Quick test with the release version: Perfect playback of an MP3 with Reaper, both with the FF400 and BF Pro. Further tests to follow, e.g. with MADI FX and Madiface XT. Will update this thread with new findings. iTunes also works fine, as does Youtube playback in Safari.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks Daniel!

I'm going to connect my UFX to a test system and see how it behaves.

RME Fireface UFX

Dear all,

I have a RME Babyface and a MacBook pro and use it with addictive drums to play live e-drums. It worked very well so far but after updating to El Capitan I have got huge latency issues now. Music playback works perfectly and I don't have any cracks or so, just the response from the triggers randomly varies from "okay" to "unplayable". I discovered that I used an older version of the driver and updated it. Everything seems to work fine but I can only really test it back in the rehearsal room (I have no e-drum at home).
Did anyone else have such problems before? Do you think the problems will be solved with the newest driver?
Obviously I have to test it to find out, but I'm a bit nervous as I really need it to work quite soon and maybe somebody already had similar experiences. I'm just interested if it's worth trying or if I should install the backup image with Yosemite immediately.

Thanks for the support!
best regards
trytocatchme

I have a UFX using USB, firmware 357, driver 1.91 and nothing works.  System prefs, audio, does not see the UFX at all.

El Capitan 10.11

Ideas?

thanks, Don

Latest USB driver is 2.10 (2).
Try updating your driver.

RME Fireface UFX

I did, but it did not update.  Where is 2.1?

thanks

Here's the link to the latest official driver:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/uc.php

RME Fireface UFX

Not sure what you did, but drivers don't "update" automatically. Just download and install the latest one as per the link above. It is no big surprise that an older driver does not seem to work with 10.11.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Got it.  It worked.  Thanks

D

I know the FF800 and FF400 are officially discontinued, but has anyone used them with El Capitan, as it seems that Apple has stopped continued Firewire audio support with it?

On music hiatus, so RMEs have gone to homes where others can enjoy them.

No problem:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=22690

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,
I'd like to know if the Fireface UC works perfectly fine with Mac Os X El Capitan 10.11.3 ?

Thank you!

Remi

Hello, i have an issue with el capitan and latest drivers 222
randomly after a while the card seems to lose its number model on the top of panel control
and its not connected anymore between the soundcard and macbookpro !!!
I have to reset
any idéa ?