Topic: Can Digiface Dante receive MADI on its RJ45 ports?

I'd like to know if Digiface Dante can receive MADI on its RJ45 (which are originally designated to receive DANTE) ports? If anyone is curious about why would i need MADI on RJ45, let me inform that Soundcraft Si/Vi Mixers use MADI on RJ45 ports to communication between the mixer surface and its stageboxes (Soundcraft Mini Stagebox 16R/32R). If the Digiface Dante can receive MADI on its RJ45 ports and send those inputs to it's USB3 outport, then it can be a perfect recording device for existing Soundcraft Si/Vi Users.

Re: Can Digiface Dante receive MADI on its RJ45 ports?

MADI is not Ethernet its more smth like FDDI, see also:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 05#p108005

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

IMHO it doesn't make sense to buy a Dante USB interface if all you need is a MADI RJ45 interface. And technically it's not possible as the 4 network ports are connected to a regular network switch - which doesn't understand the MADI signal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The RJ45 MADI on Soundcraft is proprietary MADI solution from Soundcraft/Studer. If you work a lot with Soundcraft the MADiface USB or MADIfcae Pro with optical MADI is the way to go. They often have optical MADI I/O ports. On the Si Serie there are MADI optical option cards.

Regards,
Audio AG Support