Topic: Digiface DANTE how to change SR

Digiface DANTE how to change SR.

I can see the RME DANTE virtual network card and I setup in it DANTE controller but due there is no DANTE or MADI connections, I can not see the DANTE device to change the SR via DANTE controller.

There is other way to change Digiface DANTE SR without connect it into an existing DANTE network? For example via a miniDV to Ethernet adapter and then an Ethernet cable to primary P#1 and/or P#2 of Digiface DANTE?

My current hardware is a Apple MBP 11.5 with BC/Windows 8.1 x64 and Digiface DANTE.

https://app.box.com/s/rk5egetvii605zvidh2r279cgzkgvw7r

Saludos Enrique.

Re: Digiface DANTE how to change SR

As explained in the manual you can not change the sample rate without a Dante network connection. If you have no other Dante hardware you could install the Dante Via on a different computer and connect to that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for the quick answer Matthias!

If I run DVS from same computer? Could work?

What happens if I arrive to a concert for a live recording with a Digico MADI console and the Digiface DANTE is in a different SR and no other DANTE hardware is available?

Saludos Enrique.

Then you use the wrong interface. We have lots of dedicated MADI solutions. The DF Dante has MADI as addition, not as primary reason to exist and operate.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay, I understand.

Saludos Enrique.

6 (edited by uwekirst 2019-01-04 16:10:11)

To change the sample rate you need to install the "Dante controller". Most likely you will install it on the same computer where the "Digiface Dante" is installed. Within the Dante Controller you select the Digiface Dante as your network interface card. You do not necessarily need to have another Dante device in your network. You simply need to connect a network cable to the "Digiface Dante" and your router / switch.

Thank you.

Nothing here now, everything is in office including a complete DANTE plus MADI system, Cisco SG300-10, etc.
I'll check next week.

Saludos Enrique.

I was able to change DF DANTE SR today.
DVS is not need it. I connect my MBP via a mini DV adapter to Ethernet with a CAT6 cable to Porti#2, then I setup correctly virtual DF NIC adapter and mini DV NIC adapter IPs.

https://app.box.com/s/ofcle5mx61uo7b9ebgi53ic1ugoxtuq1

Then I run also DVS and sent audio from REAPER to Samplitude SPX3 at 96 kHz, just for test.

Small requests:
1. Could DF DANTE inform the current DANTE module IP (fixed/DHCP)?
2. Could be more precise information in user manual about how to change SR in DF DANTE when a DANTE infrastructure is not available?

Saludos Enrique.

1. This info is in the Dante Controller, so we won't mirror it.
2. Download the latest manual from the website - it's in there (Chapter Hotline, thanks to you).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The dante controller is running on port#5 (internal nic) of the digiface dante. This image shows howto change the samplerate:

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/1/7/f35973eaf5f4fb0c26eb6f7fb0cfdae6-full.png

Thank you, is exactly what I did...

Saludos Enrique.