Topic: Totalmix meters freezing, gain not working

I'm using FF UC on a macbook pro 2015, mostly with ableton suite, all software updated to most current versions. Sometimes, the meter in the Totalmix software will freeze, making me unable to use them for visually monitoring input/output. Also, at times, the gain knobs on the inputs in Totalmix will stop being synchronous with the gain settings made on the UC hardware - in these cases, the only way to set the gain is by using the physical dial on the interface. I haven't yet figured out if these two issues are linked to eachother, but I suspect that they are. Audio is still flowing as I want it to, I just really cant use the Totalmix software for that much when this happens. Any thoughts?

Re: Totalmix meters freezing, gain not working

Firmware version FF UC?
Driver version?
Version of TM FX?
Mac OS version?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Firmware: 138
Driver: 3.15
TM FX: 1.60
Macos: 10.14.4

Thanks. Such a  failure with this configuration (or any other) has not been reported before, and can not be reproduced. Basically TM FX seems to loose connection to the driver where it communicates on level meters and settings, bi-directional. I wonder if you have special/unusual hardware connected to the MacBook Pro that causes this kind of issue. And: MIDI used with TM FX for remote or such? Oh, one more: ProTools on that machine?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for that feedback. I don't use MIDI with TM FX, but I do have a few controllers connected for Ableton (AKAI APC20 and AKAI LPD8). Also, an external HD for time machine backups. Very occasionally an M-Audio Oxygen25. My iPhone SE may also be connected for charging. It all runs through a Plugable USB 3.0 hub, except for the FF UC, which runs on it owns port, due to some issues with distribution of data through the hub, that made the UC perform poorly when sharing a single USB port with the other devices.

No Pro Tools - I've never used it, and have never had it installed on my computer.

I seem to recall that I do have a bit control through TM FX when this happens - for instance I seem to recall that the volume faders actually work, even if the gain knobs don't and the meters stay frozen. I'll investigate next time it happens.