Topic: BABYFACE headphone output always in mono , Help !

Hi community, I simply don't know what to do anymore, I own an iMac on high Sierra, my babyface and total mix works great but when I wear headphones and use the output on the side of the hardware it only gives me mono signal.

when I open total mix and use the pan all the way to the right for example, I see the main out sending the music to the right however on my headphone I still hear music on both sides.  mono button is not active.

I tried using other headphones, I updated the drivers, I tried restarting, reseting Totalmix, I don't know what else to do, please help me here, I`ll have to sell my babyface if I don't find a solution.

any suggestions from anybody ?
thank you

Re: BABYFACE headphone output always in mono , Help !

Possibly a hardware issue of the TRS plug. You may have to send the unit in.


Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: BABYFACE headphone output always in mono , Help !

I am going to try a different trs plug connector later today, if there is a problem on the device how should i proceed ? is there a place i could send it for repair ?
thank you so much, i love my babyface.
v.

Re: BABYFACE headphone output always in mono , Help !

Please contact the retailer or local distributor.

If you are in Canada, that would be

Erikson Audio
21000 TransCanada Highway
Baie D'Urfé
Québec, Canada
H9X 4B7
Phone: (514) 457 2555
Fax: (514) 457 0055
E-Mail: info@eriksonaudio.com
Web: www.eriksonaudio.com
Support: Bill.Kinal@eriksonaudio.com

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: BABYFACE headphone output always in mono , Help !

Hi!
I don't think this is hardware issue, because I've got the same problem!!
I'm on latest Mac OS and BabyFace firmware/Totalmix updates
Everything works fine on my Windows computer!

6

Re: BABYFACE headphone output always in mono , Help !

We can not reproduce this. Try to do a Total Reset in TotaMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: BABYFACE headphone output always in mono , Help !

Tried total reset, no change. sad
I have Sonarworks headphone version installed, maybe that has to do something with it. But I have already tried it enabled/disabled, uninstalled, reinstalled. All the same result.
I will do a complete OS reinstall soon, will see if that fixes the problem.
Will post the results here