Topic: UFXII with XP?

Hi,
I'm considering a UFXII, but it would need to be fully compatible with Windows XP (for old projects in an XP SP3 setup). Having looked at the driver downloads page it appears that XP isn't supported with this interface. Is that correct?

Regarding another interface (802), the driver page for the 802 states SP2, not SP3. Is there a reason it's not SP3?

Regards.

2 (edited by ramses 2019-08-10 11:23:13)

Re: UFXII with XP?

The driver download page tells 1st of all:
"Driver for Windows (XP SP2, Windows 7/8/10)"

Based on this information I have to assume that XP SP2 and later is supported.

> Regarding another interface (802), the driver page for the 802 states SP2, not SP3. Is there a reason it's not SP3?

For people with older hardware the minimum requirement is interesting.
If driver supports SP2 then it will also support SP3.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The UFX II is not supported with XP, and the download page clearly says that. The available XP driver is old and for different interfaces.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by ramses 2019-08-10 19:53:47)

It seems I misunderstood the download page.

I was too focused to the pulldown menue and didn't see that more specific wins below at each of the drivers ....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh7o89craxs0ght/2019-08-10%2020_50_16-RME_%20Downloads.jpg?dl=1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for the clarity. I'm not familiar with RME and appreciate your feedback. Thanks again.

I dont recommend buying a rme product. Ive had several RME soundcards. Octamic, UFX, ufx+ and more than one powersuply has fried on me. Also the support is bad. At least here in Norway.

--
JT

Torejan, I've read your other thread - not good. I suppose it's best for me to avoid any unit with internal PSU then. Maybe digiface with some other interfaces via ADAT.

8 (edited by vinark 2019-08-14 10:58:20)

Powersuplies can fail. I have had 1 RME 1 tascam 2 USB and 3 computer PSU's fail over the years. Don't worry to much about it. RME is the best. I have 4 hdsp generation PCI cards still working with  new drivers. No other company does that. My failed rme supply was almost 10 years old and it was easily fixed/replaced (ADI8AE), with 10 year old PSU still available. The UFX series is very good!
AFAIK warranty is up to the shop (seller) not RME in the EU. If in Norway warranty is the same as here in Holland, the shop should have taken care of it not RME. So what did the seller say? If they did not help it is their issue.
But just out of warranty cases are always painful!
BTW just a happy customer!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

9 (edited by ramses 2019-08-15 08:13:16)

@vinark: +1

1st of all, I hope that the translator did well enough...

In the case of mechanical / fabric  production, it cannot be avoided that there are certain product tolerances. This is the case everywhere. But all this is no reason to make such big complains.

If something like this should accumulate unhappily / statistically for a user, then it is almost like a six in the lottery. But then you should contact the manufacturer over the usual support channels (in this case RME support e-mail) and ask if there are other possibilities in this particular case besides getting stuck on the repair costs yourself. Maybe you could have even avoided the repair and the involved costs, by finding other solutions together with RME.

How this will turn out now, of course, if you attack the manufacturer in the user forum ..

I am also a very satisfied RME user since years, nothing broke up to now (2 UFX+, 2 Octamic XTC, RayDAT, ADI-2 Pro FS BE, ADI-2 DAC, ARC USB and a few more that I upgraded/sold).

One should also mention how many people still use Fireface 400 and 800. And even those older interfaces can still be sold to a good price because of driver support and quality.