1 (edited by trancient 2019-10-05 05:53:43)

Topic: ADI-2 PRO dual phones doesn't work

Hi,
I am using ADI-2 PRO.
Today, I tried to use dual phones mode, but it doesn't work as past days.
Phone 3/4 definitely works as always but Phone 1/2, I can't hear anything from it.
When I plugged the headphone into analog output on the backside panel which shares the signal with PH 1/2 (I guess), I can hear the sound. 
Current setting is as follows:
Dual phones mode is on, and hi-power mode is off, and DAC mode
Is there a recommendable setting that I can test so that I can be sure whether my device is broke down or my setting is wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Re: ADI-2 PRO dual phones doesn't work

Phones 1/2 has its own volume setting, and might be muted.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by trancient 2019-10-06 04:27:56)

Thank you for the reply.
I have already checked the volume of PH 1/2 is not muted.
If "Phones 1/2 has its own volume setting" you mentioned means that the volume which is controlled by the volume knob (the PH channel selection by pushing it and volume control by rotating it), I did it in the right way.
The volume values displayed on the left bottom of the screen are around -10 dB for both PH1/2 and PH3/4
If what I wrote here is different from what you meant, would you tell me more about it?

Set the marker to 1/2 by pushing the Volume knob. Then push the small VOL button. In the Volume screen push encoder 1 two times (Mute, Unmute). Does that help?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I did the way you told me, and the mute and unmute status changed.
However, even if the output is +6 dB, I couldn't hear anything from the PH 1/2.
In this case, my ADI-2 PRO has been broke down?
Should I send this to RME service center in Germany?
I am living in Japan.

A possible explanation is that in your unit detection of phones 1/2 is not working. Then Phones 1/2 will always be off. You could contact Synthax Japan for help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME