Topic: Fireface USB settings won’t open

I cannot access the Babyface Pro’s settings from the icon on the taskbar in Windows 10 Pro, or from within Ableton 10.1. The audio is working but I need to be able to adjust the buffer size,etc... which I cannot currently do.

TotalMix opens up just fine. The Babyface Pro is in PC mode (not CC mode). I have tried all of the USB ports on my computer. I have tried reinstalling the most current drivers and the flash update tool. The USB settings were opening just fine last week.

Any ideas?? I have contacted support and they reply quickly but I also wanted to ask here.

Thank you!

Re: Fireface USB settings won’t open

Try CTRL+ALT+DEL >  Task Manager > (more details) > Startup Tab. Make sure Totalmix and Fireface USB Settings are both set as "Enabled".

Thanks

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes, both are set as “enabled” and I still cannot open the settings.

Update: I got it working by using a different USB cable. Thank you! I have to say that the RME support staff is wonderful and prompt with their replies.

settings won't open for me either (worked fine couple months ago) with my fireface 400 on windows 11.
The programs run at startup just fine, and both have icons in the systray, totalmix opens, settings does not.
Anyone find a fix?

6 (edited by ivantu00 2023-05-02 22:39:24)

timreevesaudio wrote:

settings won't open for me either (worked fine couple months ago) with my fireface 400 on windows 11.
The programs run at startup just fine, and both have icons in the systray, totalmix opens, settings does not.
Anyone find a fix?

Settings window is opened but it's opened minimized.
You should open Settings from the traybar (you dont see it but its opened), then go to task manager, then applications tab.
Expand FirefaceSettings item. Right Click on Fireface USB Settings subitem.
Then try 'maximaze' or 'make it front' option. Dont know what helped me exactly.

Greetings from Russia.