Topic: RME MIDI Remote & Madiface Pro

Since this is my first post here, Hello to everyone.

I have a MADIface Pro on WIN 10 und would like to use the MIDI Remote to control some Micstacys using MIDI over MADI.

I have done this in the past with HDSPe, so I know how it should work.

In the I/O dialog of the MIDI Remote two MIDI ports show up (both named MF Pro MIDI Port).
No matter what combination of these two port I use as In & Out, the remote wont connect.

Is there a setting that I am missing here?

Can anyone help me with this?

Re: RME MIDI Remote & Madiface Pro

Hello!

I have no experience with this, but after checking the manual, I saw a setting labelled "Start/Stop MIDI I/O".
It's on page 26 of this manual:

https://www.archiv.rme-audio.de/download/micstasy_e.pdf

Maybe, that's the setting you were missing?

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Thanks for your reply.
You are hinting to a Micstacy setting here.
Since the Micstacys are working on another MADI HDSPe card I think think the problem has to do with the MADIface Pro.

4 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2019-11-04 15:15:46)

You're welcome!

It's a setting for the MIDI Remote, as I understand it, unless I 'm wrong..
Here 's the quote from the manual:

"Brief description of the Windows/Mac OS X Software Micstasy MIDI Remote

The program includes an extensive english online help (F1).
After the start first choose the function Micstasy Front View in the menu Functions (also available via F4).

Then select a MIDI input and output via Options - MIDI I/O Setup.

Using  the  command  Options  –  Start/Stop  MIDI  I/O  the  communication  with  the  Micstasy  is  started.

The  top  line  of  the  program  window  shows  the current state, like selected ID, Online / No Response / Offline etc. "

So one of the MF Pro Ports you 're seeing must be the MIDI Output and the other, the Input. You could try setting each of them, and try "start MIDI I/O" after each time, to see if communication can be established.

Also, just for reference, on the Micstasy under Remote, the 'OPTN' setting must be selected for MIDI over MADI.

Thanks again. I turned out, that it was a faulty MADI card in one of the Micstacys. Took me some time to figure that out...

You 're welcome!

Glad that you, at least, figured it out! Hope it's not too expensive of a repair..!