Topic: Control multiple outputs with UC's rotary encoder?

Hi,

I have a pair of custom 3-way speakers, powered by a 6-channel amp. Currently I use an external (rackmount) electronic crossover to filter the stereo output (from an HDSP card) into the 3 frequency bands.

I'm thinking of changing this and doing the crossover filtering in software. This will mean that instead of using just 2 outputs from the card, I will now need 6.

In fact, for other reasons, I'm thinking of changing from the HDSP to a Fireface UC interface.

My question is, is there any way that I can use the rotary encoder on the UC to control 6 output channels (in Total Mix)? I need this in order to have a single monitor volume control. I can't work out from the UC manual and playing around with Total Mix whether or not this is possible.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, Ian.

Re: Control multiple outputs with UC's rotary encoder?

Should work by defining a fader group for multiple outputs including the 2 main outs.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for getting back. Forgive my stupidity, but how do I define a fader group? Thanks, Ian.

4 (edited by ramses 2019-11-08 20:12:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHQxdZT800A
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KuIvbWmP-Q

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks. That's great. Got it working with my Babyface rotary encoder. Can I assume that the UC's encoder will work in the same way? I.

Yes. Here on my UFX+ it works with the mouse, the encoder and the ARC USB.

Great! Thanks again for all the help. I.