Topic: Octamix XTC loosing gain after firmware update

Hi,
I have a setup win one Fireface UFX + Octamix XTC + one Focusrite Octopre MKII. This har worked fine together until now.

As the have been a while since I used it, I updated the firmware om the UFX and XTC and also the latest drivers. After this, it seems like I have lost most of the gain on the inputs on the Octamix XTC. I can hear a slight difference in volune when moving the volume slider with full gai, but it is nothing lig how it was, and how the other two components operate.

I run Windows 10 on a HP laptop.

Anyone having an idea of what can be wrong, and how to remedy this?

I also started to have some problems with Totalmix Remote and iPad, but I'll post that in a different post.

Please help me to fix this problem first

Regards Pål

Re: Octamix XTC loosing gain after firmware update

PAD active? Does the gain control on the XTC itself work? What are the firmware versions that you flashed?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,
Thank you for quick reply.
1) No, PAD is not active. I can turn it on/off in Totalmix, but it makes no difference. Same with the Autoset control. Nothing happens. However, all the rest of the controls seem to work OK from TotalMix, so it looks like it is only Gain control related issues.
2) Yes, Gain control, and all other controls work on the XTC itself
3) Octamix XTC: Firmware ver. 26/47, Hardware rev.47, Driver ver. 0.9685
4) Fireface UFX: Firmware ver. 1.63, Hardware rev. 360, Driver ver. 1.168
5) TotalMix FX ver. 1.61

Hi,
Anyone had some experience with this? It used to work fine with previous firmware and totalMix. Seems to be only gain kontrol related.

Appreciate any suggestions here.

Regards
Pål

First: it works, always did, and there are no known issues. Second: did you check you have all settings correct? In control mode both LEDs CTRLI and CTRLO must be constantly lit. Only then you have a working, bi-directional communication. Check the TM FX Settings Aux Devices tab, and the MIDI settings in the XTC to be set to DIN correctly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by PAsheim 2019-11-19 00:03:57)

Hi Matthias,
Of course you were right. You know you sometimes can't see the woods for all the trees, right. That's me in this case. Your comments about the two LEDs put me on the right track. Something had obviously changed after upgrade, but I could not figure out what, especially when it turned out that EQ and other controls worked, which confused me a bit.. Well - I checked the TM FX Settings Aux Devices tab, and the MIDI settings in the XTC to be set to DIN correctly, and now it seems works perfectly. Gain control works and PAD works.
Thank you for you patience, quick reply and good tips to an amateur. Have a great day :-)