Topic: Audio delay on ADI-2 Pro FS

Hello dear Forum,

Could someone please advise if there is an option to create an audio delay in Dig Thru mode for A/V Receiver to process stereo signal? In short, I am using stereo in coming to ADI-2 Pro -> Main stereo Outs, and I want to send same signal to A/V Receiver to process multi-channel using Dig Thru. It works, but reasonably, the signal at A/V Receiver gets delayed for some milliseconds.

In the end, the question is - is it possible to sync both outs?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Igor

Re: Audio delay on ADI-2 Pro FS

Do I understand correctly

8 channel digital Audio -----> DAC +--(A)----- Dig Through / Optical Out = ADAT  (8 channel) -> AV Receiver digital in
                                                      |
                                                      +--(B)----- D/A conversion  --------------------------------------> Active Monitors or Amplifier

Delay settings needed for path (B) "D/A conversion" to synchronize audio output of (B) with (A).

Currently such an option does not exist, but maybe RME regards this setup as useful for you and other users,
so that it could be implemented... ?!

So could you kindly explain more in detail for which setups / use cases this would be useful ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

There is no way to add delays to the existing hardware.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@ramses ,
Your understanding is absolutely correct in general! Thank you for this

Exactly my case is following (not very rational though)

Current situation (I like sometimes listen to stereo properly processed in 11.1 multi-channel format):

Good stereo signal (Coax) -> A/V Rec making multi-ch  -> front pre-outs to ADI-2 Pro -> Main Output to 2 fronts via 2ch amp
                                                                               |
                                                                                 -> other channels pre-outs -to Multi-Ch power amp

Why not this? - I am loosing front channels quality passing thru AVR and cannot use ADI-2 Pro functionality for other channels

Desired setup:

Good stereo signal (USB or Coax)    -> ADI-2 Pro   -> Main Output to 2 fronts via 2ch amp
                                                  |
                                                    -> Dig Thru out
                                                                  |
                                                                   -> RCA/OPT into A/V Receiver making multi-channel without Fronts (delay created)
                                                                                                               |
                                                                                                                -> pre-outs to Multi-Ch power amp

But, ramses, your understanding is much more rational

MC,,

Thank you for the answer, now it is clear how to proceed (or don't)

I might y-split the signal, add clean delaybox before ADI and send parallel signal to whatever other processor/amp/monitors. Then the whole setup becomes questionable in terms of sound quality at the end and rationale smile

I appreciate your answers and
Kind Regards,
Igor

P.S. Sorry for the delayed answer (I was travelling). I became that delaybox in effect