Topic: can't record with MME driver

I'm having trouble with my new system. Just upgraded to windows10 on a new pc with my PCIe HDSP + multifaceII.

I'm getting sound, everything seems to work as usual, but when I want to record something I'll get error messages.

In Soundforge (with Windows Classic Wave driver) at the moment I'm clicking the record button: "an error occured while recording. A device is not available" first and when I click that away I'm getting "One or more playback devices do not support the current sample rate and/or bit depth. A device is not available". This happens with all combinations of sample rate/bit depth I tried. By the way, I'm normally using almost exlusive 44.1/24bit.

In Audacity I'm getting another error (with MME driver): "error with opening recording device. Errorcode: -9999 Unanticipated host error" (this here translated from dutch btw)

I have the latest firmware (v2.36) and drivers  (4.29) installed.

ASIO does work (allthough it also dissappeared as an option in Soundforge just now but it appeared again after a reboot) but I'm having trouble with playback levels compared to recording levels I never used to have on my old system using the MME drivers so I really want to get back to using those drivers.

Re: can't record with MME driver

How many WDM devices are active (Settings dialog)? Did you allow usage of the 'microhpone' for all your recording software?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: can't record with MME driver

Many many thanks Matthias!. I had disabled the microphone...