Topic: Computer suddenly does not recognize Fireface UC

After 2 years without any problem with my interface, suddenly my computer stoped recognizing it. I did not update my macbook for the last 2 months or so.

Also as wierd as it gets, Ableton shows the interface as output  device, but by choosing so, I seems to disable midi messages: I have a channel with a virtual instrument, if my output routing is the computers speakers, it recieve midi signal and gets sound out, if the output selected is the Fireface, no midi signal at all and  no sound coming out.

Even if totalmix and the fireface settings software are not popping up, I can still select it as an output in the audio settings from the computer, but this still does not get sound out.

I tried to reinstall the drivers of the fireface several times, nothing changed.

Re: Computer suddenly does not recognize Fireface UC

You should at least tell which MacOS version and which UC firmware and drivers you are using.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

You should at least tell which MacOS version and which UC firmware and drivers you are using.

Thanks for your response.
Mojave 10.14.6 and the drivers that I'm using now are version 3.18_3, USB.

The unit might be in PC mode. Disconnect USB and double-push the encoder to check and change.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The unit might be in PC mode. Disconnet USB and double-push the encoder to check and change.

That was the problem, thanks a lot!