Topic: 32 khz in, 96 khz out ?

Hi,

i have a synth with SPDIF and TOSLINK, but with 32 kHz sample rate.
Could i connect it to the SPDIF input of the Fireface UFX+ (i think so),
but is it possible to have the output signal with a greater sample rate, like 96 kHz ?

More simply, could Fireface UFX+ convert sample-rate - act like a sample-rate converter ?

Thank you for your answer.

Re: 32 khz in, 96 khz out ?

It can't. In this case also software can not as the driver does not support 32 kHz AFAIR.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It's best to connect analog here, and you won't really lose any signal quality....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you very much for your answers.

But, page 37 of the user's guide of the Fireface UFX+ i can read this :

15.3 Supported Sample Rates

RME's Mac OS X driver supports all sampling frequencies provided by the hardware. This includes 32 kHz and 64 kHz, and even 128 kHz, 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz.

But not any software will support all the hardware's sample rates. The hardware's capabilities can easily be verified in the Audio MIDI Setup. Select Audio devices under Properties of: and choose the Fireface. A click on Format will list the supported sample frequencies.

Regards.

Well, the manual is always right. Indeed the UFX+ includes 32 kHz support on Windows and Mac. You still can't use a real-time resampler because only one sample rate can be active at a time. If 32 kHz comes in then playback must also be 32 kHz. You can record at 32 and then do offline upsampling, though. In the end Daniel's advice is the best, simply use analog...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Fireface UFX+ is for me ? wrote:

Hi,

i have a synth with SPDIF and TOSLINK, but with 32 kHz sample rate.

Hi!

Which synth is it?
Maybe it has a setting for changing the sample rate?
32K is a bit odd for synths. Usually they have 44.1 and/or 48KHz..

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632