Topic: Babyface (old) AN 1/2 problems !

Hi everyone.

I started using the old babyface 5 years ago, I never had any problems with it (touring and studio).
There is something really weird happening since 2 weeks, the 2 entrances (AN 1 & 2) aren't working that much anymore.

The first one (AN 1) is TOTALLY unable to work. I can't record anything, there is always this sound like "Bzzzzzzzzzz".
This is why I think it's an electronic problem.

The second one (AN 2) is "kind of" working, but there is also the "BZZZZ" and there is huge drops/modifications of sounds, acting in a very weird way. Nothing is stable when I record my voice. (I use the 48V on my microphone).

So, I tried many things to fix this, and I think this is coming from the cable, the big one where everything can be connected thru the babyface (Midi, analog...), because when i touch it or move it, the sounds are going really up and down, like if the problem was there.

Do you think changing this cable could fix my problem, or is it coming from the inside of the babyface ?
If yes, can I get some help to find the name of it, it's hard to find it as the old babyface was made some years before.

Maybe it's coming from somewhere else, i'm waiting for some experts to advice me :-)

Thanks a lot.

Côme

Re: Babyface (old) AN 1/2 problems !

This could indeed be a hardware issue. Can you test the BF with another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Babyface (old) AN 1/2 problems !

Hi, thank you for the answer. I will try this and keep you updated. Thanks.