Topic: connect adi 2 pro with hdspe-raydat

Hi
I want to connect my adi 2 pro with an hdspe-raydat.
It is okey if I just use an RS232 Cable?

Thank you very much.

Re: connect adi 2 pro with hdspe-raydat

No, that doesn't work. RS232 cables are neither properly shielded and - most important - don't include a matching pin swapping (crossed connections).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

No, that doesn't work. RS232 cables are neither properly shielded and - most important - don't include a matching pin swapping (crossed connections).

Thank you for your answer.
I have the cables that come with both units (rs232 to 2 XLR-Aes & 2 spdif-rca), but they are very short.
What would be the best solution? Just XLR AES cables? Which Impedance?

Thank you very much!
Best regards,

Hi!

You could, also, use optical(TOSLINK) cables!

One cable, Raydat ADAT/SPDIF Out -> ADI 2 Pro Optical In, if you want the Raydat as Clock Master.
Two cables, Raydat ADAT/SPDIF Out -> ADI 2 Pro Optical In
                   ADI 2 Pro Optical Out -> Raydat ADAT/SPDIF In, if you want the ADI 2 Pro as Clock Master.
And, configure the devices accordingly!

Hope, this helps!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

Hi!

You could, also, use optical(TOSLINK) cables!

One cable, Raydat ADAT/SPDIF Out -> ADI 2 Pro Optical In, if you want the Raydat as Clock Master.
Two cables, Raydat ADAT/SPDIF Out -> ADI 2 Pro Optical In
                   ADI 2 Pro Optical Out -> Raydat ADAT/SPDIF In, if you want the ADI 2 Pro as Clock Master.
And, configure the devices accordingly!

Hope, this helps!

´Thank you very much, but I want to use the AES/EBU connection.

Best regards,
Carlos

.. for what it's worth i'm using a RayDAT > ADI-2 Pro via AES (and also SPDIF as separate feed for the headphone amp). For short runs any ol' XLR cable will *probably* work, but a propper AES XLR cable should have an impedance of 110 ohms, and IIRC the spec also calls for the shield to be connected connected, though in my opinion that's debatable!

Rune Borup @ FishCorp
Producer / Engineer / Composer
RayDAT > 2 x ADI-8 QS | AES+SPDIF > ADI-2 Pro