1 (edited by Nostoi 2019-12-29 12:28:11)

Topic: Volume issue

Hi, here's a bug that my ADI-2 DAC has developed recently - when I manually turn the volume knob, it often lowers the volume instead of raising it. I.e., I want to increase by a couple of decibels and it lowers it. It does not have the smoothness I think it once had. Anyone aware of this issue? It only effects the hardware knob; usage on the remote control remains normal.

Thanks.

EDIT: Looking over the archives, I see this is a known issue. Is there a fix to this other than sending it for repair? A shame it's evidently an established problem.

2 (edited by ning 2019-12-29 20:26:25)

Re: Volume issue

Nostoi wrote:

EDIT: Looking over the archives, I see this is a known issue. Is there a fix to this other than sending it for repair? A shame it's evidently an established problem.

That’s my question as well. I have the same issue and it’s very annoying. I immigrated to a new country after purchasing the unit, and it would be very inconvenient and expensive for me to send the unit either back to the dealer or RME.

It happens most frequently when the unit just turned on, on all three encoders. The condition improves a little bit after turning on for a while. my unit is only within half year old and didn’t have the problem at first(summer). So I guess it’s related to a bad batch of encoders that is sensitive to temperature (because it happens to me now in winter, most frequently when the unit was just turned on).

Could we know the part details so we can purchase the component and fix it ourselves?

3

Re: Volume issue

Units with this problem must be sent in, replacing that part is not trivial (and voids warranty, of course). I am astonished to hear this from a DAC, so far we had only early generation Pros showing this problem.

If you moved to a different country contact our support and tell them the details, I am pretty sure they find a way to help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by ning 2019-12-30 06:36:36)

Re: Volume issue

Mine is a Pro FS, which comes later than the DAC.

Re: Volume issue

Mine is also the FS model.

6

Re: Volume issue

There is no ADI-2 DAC model without FS.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Volume issue

MC wrote:

Units with this problem must be sent in, replacing that part is not trivial (and voids warranty, of course). I am astonished to hear this from a DAC, so far we had only early generation Pros showing this problem.

If you moved to a different country contact our support and tell them the details, I am pretty sure they find a way to help.

I have the knob issue on a one year old DAC model. Returning it to Thomann in the beginning of January. smile

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Re: Volume issue

N00b wrote:
MC wrote:

Units with this problem must be sent in, replacing that part is not trivial (and voids warranty, of course). I am astonished to hear this from a DAC, so far we had only early generation Pros showing this problem.

If you moved to a different country contact our support and tell them the details, I am pretty sure they find a way to help.

I have the knob issue on a one year old DAC model. Returning it to Thomann in the beginning of January. smile

Mine's the same - one year old and from Thomann. I'll be returning mine, too.

9 (edited by integra 2020-01-11 04:44:00)

Re: Volume issue

Hi MC.
Same problem with ADI2 Pro. Bought 17.03.2017 from official dealer in Russia.
How to fix this problem? Possible?
Evgeniy.

10

Re: Volume issue

We usually exchange the encoders even after warranty period for free, but the unit needs to be sent to us. Contact your local distributor.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Volume issue

Ok. Thank you.

12 (edited by integra 2020-01-14 11:22:43)

Re: Volume issue

Hello MC. Dealer don't accept my request. 12m Warranty is ended.
Sent request to Distributor Okno-audio Moscow.

13

Re: Volume issue

Don't worry, some communication hickup. I'll try to clear this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME