Topic: Fireface uc does not work with windows 10

Hi, I report my situation for a problem with the RME Fireface UC:
- I can use it since 2010 with PC / windows without problems
- currently, for 4 years, I have windows 10 with the latest updates
- Fireface UC stopped working in January 2020 (after a few seconds the red "host" LED lights up - this light generally lights up when the computer is off or when it is not connected via USB). The computer does not recognize it.
- I took the computer to a music store and a computer store: it only works on Mac without problems, but it does not work on any pc with windows
- USB cable and power supply intact (tested)
- drivers and fut updated on 16/01/2020 (DRIVER version 1.168 of 2019-06-27 // FIRMWARE version 126/138 of 2019-11-13)
- my Fireface UC did not hit
- it seems that the Fireface UC is not recognized by windows, it does not interface

Questions:
- is the model by chance out of business?
- the RME is no longer updating the drivers and firmware?
- will it update them? How long?

What can I do?
Thanks so much
Alberto

Re: Fireface uc does not work with windows 10

You should be able to answer you these questions alone by simply looking ..

>- is the model by chance out of business?

No, why ? Its still part of product portfolio as you can see on the webpage.

>- the RME is no longer updating the drivers and firmware?

One quick look at the driver update page will tell you that this is not the case.

>- will it update them? How long?

No vendor will tell you or give any promises how long a device will be upgraded.
But if you simply look, that the current firewire driver still supports devices back to 2001 ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I thank you, in fact, looking I imagined it was so. the fact is that I don't explain why it doesn't work. if it were just a problem of updating the drivers by the rme then it would be just a matter of waiting. let's hope.
if anyone has the same problem or any suggestions, please tell me.
Thanks again

4 (edited by ramses 2020-01-16 21:41:19)

Wasn't there something required in Win10 to allow applications access to sound devices ?
You should search google or forum for RME Windows 10 no sound.

I have a Win10 upgrade installation for testing Win10.
I never ever had any issues on Win10 with i.e. UFX+ (MADIface driver) or HDPSe RayDAT.

If this would be a general issue you would see more postings like this or a big thread about it.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The UC is in AP (Apple ) mode...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

See manual page 10 for switching to Win mode...

Regards,
D. Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

7 (edited by verywell 2020-03-23 13:07:54)

Hi!
My DAW-system starts cracking as soon as I update to revision 126 via the Flash Update Tool. When rolling back to revision 123 the problem is gone. I have tried this a couple of times, and the same thing happens every time. So there is no doubt that 126 causes problem, at least on my system. I'm on Windows 10 Pro v. 1909.
Good luck/Lasse

Unless you tell us exactly what hardware you use your post is of no help. V 126 works for most users.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by verywell 2020-03-23 19:20:10)

I use Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v.1909,  Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (4 cores),  8 GB RAM DDR3. The DAW is good old reliable Cubase 6.5.5. and Fireface UC with the latest driver (1168) and firmware version 123. Working perfect even with loads of audio tracks!
I actually wrote the reply to tip others who has experienced the same problem to try a rollback to version 123 and see if it helps.
I personally don't have any problem as long as I keep my hands of firmware version 126.
//Lasse

Motherboard? Which USB bus did you use? Intel ports or Asmedia or else?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

11 (edited by verywell 2020-03-24 10:18:55)

Hi MC!
The motherboard is a good old, very well working Intel DX38BT, the USB-bus is onboard the motherboard (USB 2.0).
I use a Kingston SSD for operating system/programs, music projects/audiofiles are stored on a Seagate ST3500630SV ATA
Regards//Lasse