Topic: UFX audio problems with Mac Mini 2018 - Is officially fixed?

Hi guys,

I am trying to find a definitive answer about the audio problems with the UFX on newer mac causing dropouts, bitcrushing, etc.  It seems it was a problem mostly on Mojave, but as I am looking into buying a Mac Mini to upgrade my iMac 2009, I would like to have a definitive answer, because I can't seem to find one...

Is the audio issues definitely fixed with the Mac Mini 2018 using the USB connection with the current versions of either Mojave or Catalina?

Thank you.

Re: UFX audio problems with Mac Mini 2018 - Is officially fixed?

Hi again. 

Would it be possible to have an answer to this matter? 

I think as a user of both the UFX and UCX, it would be great to be able to continue using them properly with a new Mac system.

Thank you.

Hi again,

still no answer to this question. 

Is the audio issues definitely fixed with the Mac Mini 2018 using the USB connection with the current versions of either Mojave or Catalina?

Thank you.

(I will literally post every day until I have an answer).  smile

I don’t know about the UFX, UCX or USB, but I have an OLD Fireface 400 and a brand new Mac mini on Catalina, and everything works perfectly.

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

redlogic wrote:

I don’t know about the UFX, UCX or USB, but I have an OLD Fireface 400 and a brand new Mac mini on Catalina, and everything works perfectly.

Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it.  But I am still looking for an answer for USB audio.

Still waiting for an answer from RME for USB.  Please.

Are the audio issues with USB 2.0 fixed for Mac Mini 2018 using Mojave or Catalina?

I'm using RME Fireface 802 via USB on 2018 Mac mini running Mojave.  No issues at all.

nater9 wrote:

I'm using RME Fireface 802 via USB on 2018 Mac mini running Mojave.  No issues at all.

Thank you so much!  Now I can actually make the purchase for a Mac mini. 

Too bad RME has not officially replied to my post after almost a whole week.  Not impressed.

Thanks again.