Topic: Audeze LCD / Headphone Beyerdynamic T1 worth the money ADI-2 DAC FS

Dear all,

its my plan to order the ADI-2 DAC FS by today or if you advise even the PRO FS.

Unclear with the PRO how easy it is to switch between phones and RCA output? The DAC FS with its remote is easy doable as I understood.

Main-usage is just to stream music from PC via USB and either use the ADI-2 as DAC/Preamp or listen via headphones.

As a newcomer with no experience the balanced/symmetrical discussion was confusing me. As far as I understood there is a difference with an advantage to balanced phones, but noise-level give an advantage back to unbalanced.

Further more the durability of the 6.3mm and especially the TRS 2.5mm connectors is adding uncertainiy as well.
But I would expect that the connectors are made for daily use? if not, does it makse sense to insert an adapter into the DAC and once adapter is "damaged" just replace it?

And finally I am willing to spend some money on a headphone and unclear if the Beyerdynamic T1 is ok or if there is a substantial benefit for the Audeze.

I am not a musican and main-goal would be to be able using the headphones on a daily basis for long duration. Easy listening if something makes sense.
The DAC I am using as of now is very poor and basic. As I am seldom renewing gear, I am willing to spend some good money to get it correct.

Can please someone comment on the topics? I should add that I have some ringing in the ears/tinnitus and hence I am listening music as very low volume mostly. Noise is one of the enemies I need to get rid. Listening volume is somewhat larger as the ongoing phantom-noise to mitigate the tinnitus noise.

many thanks

christian

2 (edited by ramses 2019-12-11 11:10:01)

Re: Audeze LCD / Headphone Beyerdynamic T1 worth the money ADI-2 DAC FS

The new ADI-2 DAC FS has a slightly more modern AKM DAC.
If you do not require some of the features of the Pro FS model, then I would go with the ADI-2 DAC FS.

The Pro Model has not Cinch/RCA outputs. The DAC FS has.
Switching between phones and monitor output happens either automatically by plugging in/out phones with a slow ramp-up of volume or you can remap one of the front keys to switch manually by pushing the key, if your phones tend to stay plugged into the device. Also there a ramp-up of volume happens for phones and also monitor output.
This is the same with each of these ADI-2 Pro / DAC based models.

Balanced vs unbalanced .. tbh it doesn't matter much. A little higher SNR, which is IMHO inaudible.
If you want balanced then you need to go with the Pro model.
Or if you want to check 2 different phones, then its also most practical to have the Pro model, because for A/B comparison you need to switch quickly between two different headphones.

Otherwise, get the ADI-2 DAC FS with the new AKM chip, its a very fine DAC with a nice upgraded remote control.

The smaller TRS connector is the usual one for in ear phones ... they have usually such a small plug.
This output is especially designed for in ear monitors (IEM), extremely low noise for them, which is needed.

I hope this answers your questions.

In terms of what phones to take ..oh dear, tastes are so different, you need to try them out on your own.
Audeze is quite heavy, this is not everybodies taste.
And also for recording its sometimes challenging, as you should not turn your head down, then it moves.

Otherwise I am very satisfied with my LCD-3 (and also had LCD-2 and LCD-X here for comparison).
The LCD-3 is a nice one.

Other people "swear" on different brands and this market is in motion ...
Own testing is definitively required.

Dynamic Loudness will be a nice feature for you, because if you turn the volume down, then you do not loose sound so much, as loudness kicks in dynamically and this is very nice configurable, see manual.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by nearhos 2019-12-11 12:25:09)

I have the T1 mk2  and the RME DAC2 FS and is a great combination for its money.

Dear all,

thanks for quick reply. Thats what I was looking for.

thanks

christian

I have an LCD-2C in my small stable of headphones. It is a great pairing to the RME DAC.

From my experience with Sennheiser HD 600s, I would not recommend running the T1 right off the DAC.

I listen to my T1 first gen. out of my ADI-2 pro, very happy with the combination and fine tuning with EQ is fantastic.

Hello Sirs, does the power of RME ADI-2 DAC enough for Audeze LCD-3? I'm planning to buy this one to use with Audeze LCD-3 and Focal Clear. Thanks!

vonmedrano wrote:

Hello Sirs, does the power of RME ADI-2 DAC enough for Audeze LCD-3? I'm planning to buy this one to use with Audeze LCD-3 and Focal Clear. Thanks!

Its not required to post the same question several times.

Answer provided here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 90#p149790

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13