1 (edited by enCiphered 2020-01-22 21:46:22)

Topic: Total Mix FX - GUI bug?

Hi,

today my new RME interface arrived (the UFX) but I´m not able to set it up properly as there must be a bug with the Total Mix FX GUI.
I wondered why only the hardware INs and OUTs are visible and not a single software playback channel and then I realized that I just have to scroll down to see everything. But here is the problem, this is not possible!!

I can expand the window (tried ALL sizes) to the right with the handle, this is no problem and works properly.
But it is not possible to expand it vertically! There is not even the option to toggle to full screen, it is just not possible.
I don´t have this issue with other software GUI´s and windows, so it is definitely not OS-related.
I even downloaded and installed the previous driver version (driver_madiface_win_09685) but it behaves the same.

The issue occurs both in the Full and DAW mode.

I am on a WIN10 64bit machine.

I was so excited to use the new interface but now I´m stuck with such ridicolous and time-consuming bugs.
Great start with my first RME product..

UFX+
Nuendo, Reaper, Live, BWS
WIN 10, Intel Xeon E5 v3, ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS, Nvidia Quadro M5000

2 (edited by ramses 2020-01-22 22:41:34)

Re: Total Mix FX - GUI bug?

And you are sure to have read the manual ?

Where you might have found out on your own, that a 2-row mode exists, which you turned on "by accident" .. ?!
Upper right in TM FX ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by enCiphered 2020-01-22 22:41:19)

Wait a second.. What does reading the manual has to do with proper resizing of a GUI?
Of course I read the manual. This is the first thing I do before installing new hardware.

UFX+

Pls read my post again.

> I was so excited to use the new interface but now I´m stuck with such ridicolous and time-consuming bugs.

You are immediately in complaining mode etc .. and I think you simply enabled 2-row mode.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by enCiphered 2020-01-22 22:48:38)

No I didn´t. 2 row mode is definitely not enabled. As I have stated above, the problem is that vertical resizing is not possible.

UFX+

What screen resolution do you use ?
Could you be so kind to provide a screenshot ?

What version of Windows 10 do you use ? 1903 or 1909 ?
What RME Firmware / Driver is installed ?
Which version of TM FX ?

Many thanks.

screen res: 2560x1440
os build: WIN10 1909
latest rme driver/firmware, I tried older drivers as well, the same problem.

here is a short video which shows the issue:
https://cipheryourdream.com/misc/tfmix_bug.mp4

UFX+

8 (edited by ramses 2020-01-22 23:21:59)

This is no bug.
You changed TM FX operational mode to "DAW mode" which disables routing. Default is: Full mode.

This DAW mode has been added for people who want to route in the DAW.

TM FX -> Options -> Operational Mode -> Full or DAW mode.

This is documented in the UFX+ manual on page 90...

9 (edited by enCiphered 2020-01-22 23:28:17)

I have changed the mode only to showcase that vertical scrolling is not possible in both modes.
Please watch the (whole!)video again and take a closer look at what happens in the lower right corner
This is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed

UFX+

10 (edited by ramses 2020-01-22 23:36:26)

Sorry, but there is no bug.

The UFX+ has so many channels that you need to scroll horizontally.
You can mitigate / solve this by
- making the window broader or even using multiple screens or
- by filtering out those channels that you do not require (Options -> Channel Layout)
In Channel Layout you have a very fine grained control about what channels to display.
And these settings you can store in Layout Presets.

In the right area there is not enough room vertically to expand all submenues at the same time.
Simply collaps 1 or 2 that you do not need that often, then there is enough room that you see everything up to DURec.

11 (edited by enCiphered 2020-01-22 23:40:02)

Yes, I just found out, this sidebar on the right side is called control strip. The mixer is not affected by the vertical scrolling only the control strip. So I have to collapse some menus to be able to see everything, I can live with that.
Thanks for your help

UFX+

You're welcome. And take your time .. many functions and functionality.
I also stumbled over this years ago, but once you know it, then its really no issue.

The good thing is, that TotalMix FX is well designed, performant, has no lag, its logic to work with once some basic
principles are understood, IMHO its the best software available on the market.