1 (edited by mruebsamen 2020-01-21 17:53:29)

Topic: Quality of converters in AVB Tool / M1610

First of all Thank you!
It's great that RME is pushing AVB... Cool :-)

I'm looking for a device that can be used for mastering chains in our racks. Has the new AVB Tool the same quality AD/DA converters as the ADI 2 pro FS? That would be so great to connect several AV Tools in different Racks with a simple network cable...

Best regards, Marcus

PS: I have the same question for the M1610. Does it have the same quality converters as the M32 pro and / or ADI 2 Pro FS?

Re: Quality of converters in AVB Tool / M1610

I understood 12Mic  is 121 dbA for the AD section - not bad... I would be surprised if M1610 falls behind that value.

Hi Marcus,

the M-1610 uses the exact same analog circuits as the M-32 Pro (the only exception are the TRS outputs that are servo-symmetrical and therefore have their own output stages). So in terms of audio quality the M-1610 is just a combined M-32 Pro AD+DA with a slightly different feature set.

Inputwise, the AVB Tool is not directly comparable to neither the M-Series nor the ADI 2 Pro, as all inputs have mic preamps. Outputs are on par with the UFX+, the ADI 2 Pro outperforms both of them

Best
Marc

Thanks for sharing this information. How is M-32 Pro vs ADI-2 Pro please ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

@Marc: Thankyou for the explaination / clarification smile
Just a last question regarding the AVB tool: Are the inputs on the level of the MADIface pro?
Thanks in advance?

The preamp design is based on the UFX+ design and thus performs equally. As we are using a newer ADC, e.g. SNR is even slightly better.