Topic: FireFace UFX+ Firmware version download listed wrong

Hi RME peoples.

Just wanted to let you know that for your RME FireFace UFX+ Drivers section there is a mistake.
In the "USB" section's "Flash Update" tab the Firmware download for Windows with release date of 2019-12-30 is listed as version "USB 50, TB 102, DSP 42" but this should be "USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42" (it even says so in the README file), the MAC version is right here only Windows is wrong.

Also in the whole "HDSP(e) Thunderbolt" section, the older Firmware is still listed for download for Windows & MAC without showing the newer version for download at all in this "HDSP(e) Thunderbolt" section which is confusing people to think that's the latest Firmware version available when it is not.

So the only place for Windows users to download the latest Firmware is in the "USB" section & has the wrong Firmware version listed, only the Release Date is right.
The newer version should also be listed in your "HDSP(e) Thunderbolt" section as the firmware not only updates the USB Firmware but also the Thunderbolt Firmware from "USB 50, TB 102, DSP 42" to "USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42".

Thanks for your time,
Ash.

Re: FireFace UFX+ Firmware version download listed wrong

Thanks for the information. I hopefully corrected all entries.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC! Thanks for the reply. I think there's still a mistake, sorry to pester you.

FOR MAC---

In the USB section's Flash Update tab AND the Mac OS X tab, the Mac Firmware is listed as USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42 with a release date of 2019-06-28 & the included README file says USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42 however the file size is 1MB whereas in the HDSP(e) Thunderbolt section's Flash Update and Mac OS X tabs it has the same Firmware versions of USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42 with the same release date of 2019-06-28 but the file size is 2MB's.
Aren't they supposed to be the exact same file size in both the USB & HDSP(e) sections seeing how they are both listed as USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42 with the same release dates of 2019-06-28??  I'm away from home so I cannot run the Mac Flash Update tool to confirm if indeed the USB section has the older Firmware file but incorrectly listed as the newer. The included README for both Firmware files says USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42.

FOR WINDOWS---

The USB section for Windows Firmware is corrcet now thank you, however in the HDSP(e) Thunderbolt section's Flash Update AND Windows tabs the Firmware is listed as USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42 with a release date of 2019-03-14 & the included README for both says USB 51, TB 103, DSP 42 but the file size is only 986KB's whereas in the USB section the file size is 1.8MB's. Aren't they also supposed to be the exact same in both the USB & HSDP(e) Thunderbolt sections for the release date and file size??

Appreciate your time MC!
Ash.

The file size is always different for different OS and collections of firmwares.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME