Topic: Madifx unstable clock

Hello,
my setup is: iMAC > (USB 2.0) Madiface Xt > (MADI cable) RME ADI648 > (ADAT cables) 5x ADI 8 DS

All worked beautifully until few months ago when clock became unstable; it happens that randomly the OPT1 in the madifx display blinks for a while and at the same time in the USB Settings Window the MADI 1 status turns on "Lock" then returns to "Sync" again.
This causes a short break both when recording and playing tracks,I did notice it on Pro Tools 12.5 but not in Logic X.
Even if no DAW is active in my MAC the OPT1 randomly blinks.
Checked on the MadiXT manual at troubleshooting chapter but no luck.
Could someone help me?
Thanx a lot,

Franco.

Re: Madifx unstable clock

Clock setting changed somewhere? You checked all units to be slave to what? The 648 is slave or master? Sample rate settings are correct? MF XT is slave or master?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello, thanx for your replay,
the MF is set as Master, ADI 648 receives clock via MADI and the 5 ADI8 receive clock via ADAT.
Few days ago I installed the new MF drivers downloaded from this site.
This afternoon I turned off all the ADI8 so that remained just the two MF and the 648 and the MF still randomly blinks.
As I said above it worked beautifully for around one year but now I'm experiencing these issues.
The only thing that comes to my mind that could cause this is that I had an Antelope Orion 32 and I wanted to add some I/O, tried to connect it via MADI 2 to the MF, installed its drivers but since it wasn't so user friendly and I didn't have too much time to experiment or understand I took it off and uninstalled the drivers.
Apart from this particular thing nothing else has changed in my setup

Regards, Franco.

Can you provide a screenshot of the driver's Settings dialog? Main tab and the About tab?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME