1 (edited by cutesloth 2020-02-06 06:29:17)

Topic: Fireface UCX Win&Linux compatible?

Short backstory, I was using Linux as my only OS for a few years, but as we all know Linux is not the greatest when it comes to games, so about 2 years ago I switched to Windows, in the meantime I upgraded my whole audio setup, but now I would like to switch back or between Linux & Windows.

Currently I am using a ESI U168 XT audio interface to connect my mixer with my PC:
- 4 stereo channel from PC to mixer (8 1/4" TRS cables)
- 2 stereo channel from mixer to PC (4 1/4" TRS cables)

The audio interface makes all channels directly available in windows, and since windows 10 that means I can easily route specific applications over specific channels, and that is exactly what I need, here a screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/fjq25Lr.png

My problem now is that the ESI interface does not support Linux, from what I have tested it doesn't even get recognized in Linux.

Now I was looking at the Fireface UCX, which apparently has a class compliant mode, so it should work in Linux?

But does this interface work as I want it to work?
Can I use all channels in Windows directly?
Can I use all channels in Linux directly?

If not, any ideas are appreciated and either way, thanks for any help smile

Re: Fireface UCX Win&Linux compatible?

I hope this is allowed? *bump*

cutesloth wrote:

I hope this is allowed? *bump*

Of course this is allowed and yes this will work on windows (of course). Unfortunately I have zero experience with linux, but the manual states that all in and outputs are available in CC mode, so it is up to linux and you how you use them.
I hope you get some replies from Linux users with an UCX (or similar)

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Yes, the UCX will work with Linux in Class Compliant mode.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for the answers!

Although I am still a bit uncertain if it will actually work the way I want it to, but I just ordered one and we'll see I guess.

Will update once I got it, so it might help someone else in the future smile