1 (edited by bossmanottoman 2020-02-11 17:53:42)

Topic: Question about Digitface DANTE

i am a newbie, i have purchased a RME UFX+ recently to plug all my synths and drumming machine into line UFX+.. im interested in another product called Merging Anubis, which is a AES67 interface/monitor controller. I know UFX+ is USB based so it cant be used together. but what if i put a DIGIFACE Dante between the two? will it work?

IF i wanted to use Anubis as a monitor controller to monitor all tracks going in/out RME.. CAN the UFX+ outputs be connected to DIGIFACE DANTE through MADI interfacing, and into the ANUBIS through DANTE using the DIGITFACE Dante?

did i get this right? im not too technical and a newbie.. do i need to invest into Digiface? or is this too complicated? so any help in layman terms would be appreciated.

also does the new M-1610pro, does it have a DANTE option? or is it strictly AVB?

Re: Question about Digitface DANTE

Sorry, I don't get the point for what exactly you need the Mergin Anubis.

For routing signals to 2 monitors and 2 phones you can simply use TM FX.
Get ARC USB on top to get more comfort.

If you need more features for phones outputs then integrate an ADI-2 Pro FS into this concept.

If you need more channels .. you have already MADI ... direct point-2-point is IMHO the best you can get latency wise.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by bossmanottoman 2020-02-11 19:29:24)

ramses wrote:

Sorry, I don't get the point for what exactly you need the Mergin Anubis.

using Anubis as a monitor controller for UFX+ using the DIGIFACE Dante, is this practical or no?

> is this practical or no

This is my question to you .. I think its not required, therefore I hope you can explain to me why you think that you need it.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Can Anubis talk with Dante devices? You need to find out this at Merging.
It would still be strange to combine so many different and competing technologies for quite basic tasks. Should be possible in a more efficient way.

I am not RME, but M1610 Pro doesn't provide any option slots for e.g. Dante cards, and the built-in technology is definitely not Dante but AVB.

Anubis is using AES67 format. The RME Digiface Dante has the Audinate Brooklyn II chip inside, which you can switch to AES67 mode inside the Dante Controller app.

In theory this should be possible. Install the DF Dante driver, install Dante Controller, switch the DF Dante to AES67 mode. Disconnect the unit from USB and connect the external PSU. Now the DF Dante works as a stand alone format converter, 64 ch MADI <> 64 channel AES67.

Then you need to create the routings (flows) from DF Dante to Anubis using an AES67 network configurator such as ANEMAN.

Personally, I think this makes no sense if you don't already use an AES67 network. TotalMix can work as a monitor controller, and that just works out of the box.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Anubis is using AES67 format. The RME Digiface Dante has the Audinate Brooklyn II chip inside, which you can switch to AES67 mode inside the Dante Controller app.

In theory this should be possible. Install the DF Dante driver, install Dante Controller, switch the DF Dante to AES67 mode. Disconnect the unit from USB and connect the external PSU. Now the DF Dante works as a stand alone format converter, 64 ch MADI <> 64 channel AES67.

Then you need to create the routings (flows) from DF Dante to Anubis using an AES67 network configurator such as ANEMAN.

Personally, I think this makes no sense if you don't already use an AES67 network. TotalMix can work as a monitor controller, and that just works out of the box.

i see, thanks for the clarification.

Ulrich wrote:

It would still be strange to combine so many different and competing technologies for quite basic tasks. Should be possible in a more efficient way.

i see what your saying and ur right.. i dont know what i was thinking. since i had plans to get Anubis, i was thinking why not use it as a controller too. but its more complicated than it sounds.

9 (edited by ramses 2020-02-12 07:45:48)

If you want the safefy to have knobs to control the volume I would propose another idea to you.

Get
- two ADI-2 Pro FS (currently available at a reduced price because of the new ADI-2 Pro FS R BE)
- ARC USB

Connect them to ADAT1 and ADAT2 of your UFX+.

In TM FX assign Monitor A and Monitor B to ADAT1 and ADAT2.

By this you get a very nice functionality
- to switch between different setups
- 4 more phantastic phones outputs

At the ADI-2 Pro you can use remap-key command to
- switch between monitors and phones
- mute all for safety reasons