1 (edited by miguelnunesduarte 2020-02-12 20:14:43)

Topic: Help!

Hi,

I recently got an Arc Usb to replace the original Arc on a Fireface UFX.
I can't seem to get the volume value representation on the UFX lcd screen while encoding,  like I did with the original Arc.
Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Miguel Duarte.

Re: Help!

More details, please. What's the driver and firmware version? Which exact "volume value representation" would that be?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Latest drivers and firmware for both the original UFX and Arc USB.
Running on a Mac Pro 5.1 with Mojave.
Don’t think I was clear on my first post, the issue is that I don’t have visual representation on the UFX lcd screen when turning the volume up or down on the Arc USB.
With the original Arc, there is a dB visual representation on the UFX screen when turning the volume jog, with big numbers on the UFX lcd.
Can’t seem to get the Arc USB to change the ufx lcd to that visual representation when turning the jog.

Thanks.

Miguel Duarte.

That is a feature of the UFX+. I have to check the state for the UFX.

Edit: indeed that feature is not available for the UFX. Might be added some day, but do not wait for it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the clarification Matthias.

It really is a bummer, I don’t have the need to upgrade to a UFX II or a UFX+ right now, the buttons on the original ARC started to fail, so I went with the ARC usb since the original one is discontinued.
Now I don’t have visual representation regarding the monitoring levels, never came to my mind that, I’m guessing, a simple feature like that was missing when combining an original UFX with the ARC usb.

Thanks anyways,

Miguel Duarte.