Topic: UFX II or UFX+ ?

Hi, ok now that I know I can use a 3m USB cable I have to make a decision .. do I get the UFX II, or spring the extra money for the UFX+. Right now I plan to use it in class compliant mode with my iPad Pro and Patchmix App, but I do have desktop computers with USB 3, so it seems to me the UFX+ would be the more versatile in my setup correct? The other route I have looked at is just getting the new Babyface Pro FS and adding an ADAT pre for more inputs, the new Babyface FS has the improved clock .. so when it comes to sound quality would the new Babyface be technically better than the now older UFX II or UFX+? Thanks again!

Chris

Re: UFX II or UFX+ ?

You can even use a 5m USB cable with the UFX+.

The extra money for the UFX+ is so low these days that I would rather than that call it more smth like a present.

The original price of the UFX+ was €2699. Look, what a MADI module alone usually costs.

A definitive recommendation for an UFX+ where you can choose between USB3 and TB
and where you have the best flexibility for future expansions.

DURec, Autoset, fully standalone / operateable via display, AES, 2x ADAT, 8 Analog I/O, 2 phones output, etc, etc.

The FS clock of the BBF pro is not audible.

The quality and features of the UFX+ are a clear go for that device without any doubt if you can / want afford it.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

You can even use a 5m USB cable with the UFX+.

The extra money for the UFX+ is so low these days that I would rather than that call it more smth like a present.

The original price of the UFX+ was €2699. Look, what a MADI module alone usually costs.

A definitive recommendation for an UFX+ where you can choose between USB3 and TB
and where you have the best flexibility for future expansions.

DURec, Autoset, fully standalone / operateable via display, AES, 2x ADAT, 8 Analog I/O, 2 phones output, etc, etc.

The FS clock of the BBF pro is not audible.

The quality and features of the UFX+ are a clear go for that device without any doubt if you can / want afford it.

Ahh a man that uses the UFX+ himself .. perfect! Really appreciate you helping out. Yeah I was wondering what the whole clock/improved jitter thing is all about in the new Babyface Pro FS (I’m a player not an engineer) I already have the regular Babyface Pro and am not sure how much better it can sound .. I’m dealing with 58 year old ears here as well. I am just a little hesitant on the UFX+ fearing a new version will be announced not long after I pick it up .. that’s what happened with my Babyface Pro .. I hadn’t had it long before reading the announcement of the new improved FS version .. not a good feeling lol.

No worries, the UFX+ / UFX II interfaces replaced the old UFX not too long ago.

See a few blog articles that I wrote about this device, its really great.

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … 8-RME-UFX/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … Cber-MADI/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … -DURec-DE/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13