1 (edited by bossmanottoman 2020-02-13 01:21:24)

Topic: RME AVB Tool+ M-1610 Pro VS UFX+

if i was to buy a RME AVB tool and also purchase the M-1610, connected through MAdi, would give me superior conversion/ inputs/channels

VS

RME UFX+

i have 8-9 synths (stereo) that i like to play em all to monitor them. sometimes there isnt enough analog line inputs in the back of the UFX+ so i was thinking of the option above which comes with 16inputs with the M-1610 and then 4 on the AVB Tool

Re: RME AVB Tool+ M-1610 Pro VS UFX+

Yes, that gives you more channels. You are aware that these are not interfaces, so you still need to get a computer link - unless you are using a Mac.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@MC: what do you mean? AVB Tool cannot bring any Audio into the computer?
I just sold already our MADIface Pro...
Best regards, Marcus

Sorry, no direct computer connection here. A separate interface is still required.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Oh no :-/
I have a digiface avb as a primary recording device and I used to have a MADIface pro which I connected in class compliant mode to an iPad as a backup recording device... there is no way to do this the avb Tool? Why is there a USB port? Is there something else coming up? Bad feeling to sell a MADIface pro and loos 300 euros in 8 months and then I have to buy another one :-/
Even though it’s my own stupidness sad

RME Support wrote:

Sorry, no direct computer connection here. A separate interface is still required.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

oh is that right. i was thinking its a computer interface too. so i should just keep the RME UFX+ instead of investing in the AVB Tool. do you recommend i should get the m-1610 if i need analog line inputs for my synthesizers.

7 (edited by bossmanottoman 2020-02-13 21:30:39)

MC wrote:

Yes, that gives you more channels. You are aware that these are not interfaces, so you still need to get a computer link - unless you are using a Mac.

its a good thing i asked, no i gota PC. i thought i could just connect to computer through Ethernet instead of USB. guess im wrong, im still learning. i think i will keep my UFX+. do you recommend m-1610 for more inputs?  i need more channels to plug my synthesizers.

The M-1610 is a nice extension for the UFX+ if connected via MADI I/O.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

USB interface capabilities for AVB tool seems to be a strong feature request... is there a technical or logical reason for not implemeting it?

10 (edited by ramses 2020-04-11 13:57:32)

MC> You are aware that these are not interfaces, so you still need to get a computer link - unless you are using a Mac.
DF>Sorry, no direct computer connection here. A separate interface is still required.

You mean a Windows PC with its "usual" Gigabit NIC (network interface card) ?

So a typical home setup would be this:

Internet
     |
DSL Router
     |
+AVB Switch+-------Windows PC
|                  +-------AVB-Devices.............................................+WC (of AVB Tool)
|                  +-------AVB Tool--------+-----MADI Devices............+WC        "
|                                     +.......................................................+WC        "
|
+-(W)LAN (further devices...)

EDIT: what about TM FX, AUTOSET and DURec ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

11 (edited by uwekirst 2020-06-11 20:28:26)

I know two software only solutions under windows: the echo NIC card and the Audio Science Virtual Soundcard.