1 (edited by 8azulak 2020-02-12 16:41:35)

Topic: UFX II Sample rates problem

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Fireface UFX II soundcard. Whenever I work at 44.1 kHz everything is okay but when I want to work at for example 96 kHz or 88.2 kHz sample rates, there is no sound. Playing from the osx preview player or iZotope rx 7, the timing dot of the sound moves but there is no sound coming out of the speakers. Sometimes the timing cursor in RX doesn't move.
Does anyone know what could be done to fix this?

I'm using a macbook pro 15" 2018 (i7) with Mojave 10.14.6. The UFX II is connected by a LMP usb hub.
I have installed the latest drivers.

Thanks and kind regards,
Kristjan

Re: UFX II Sample rates problem

Check playback and hardware output levels in TotalMix. What do the level meters show and on which channel?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Here's a screen recording I did. When I set it to 96 kHz the speakers pop and audio stops. When I had the quicktime screen recording sound input set to RME it also glitched my screen recording for as long as I had it on 96 kHz. When I put it back to 44.1 khz it starts working properly again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Goo5LO … sp=sharing

Is this reproducible with other software (Reaper)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Or VOX (as simple player) or iTunes. The preview player had various problems before so I wouldn't count on it working correctly with a multi-channel interface like the UFXII.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Kristjan,

similar situation here - Izotope RX 7 with Mojave. Izotope is unable to change the sample rate of my Madiface XT, resulting in no playback. I have to switch the sample rate manually through Reaper (even switching through RME Settings app doesn't work for Izotope).

I suspect there might be other processes holding the sampling rate which Reaper can override, but I have no idea how to test that.

RME card is not assigned to any system output, no browser running, nothing.

However, OS X Preview player (space bar) works just fine here.

Maybe this info helps a bit.

Best,

Jakub