Topic: MADI bandwidth between 12MIC and UFX+

Hi RME,

I was wondering what the bandwidth capabilities over MADI between an RME 12Mic and a Fireface UFX+ are. I need to be able to send 6 channel, 192 kHz signals over this MADI channel, would this be possible?

I heard that some RME devices have bandwidth issues when using a 192 kHz sampling rate.

Thanks in advance.

All the best,

hannes_kul

Re: MADI bandwidth between 12MIC and UFX+

Usually dual and quad speed is supported.

Would be strange if this new premium product would not support this (compared to the older Octamic XTC which also supported 192 kHz).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I am not aware of bandwidth issues with RME devices. Do you have details on that?

The 12Mic can send up to 16 channels via MADI coaxial to the BNC input of the UFX+ at 192 kHz. Or, with an SFP optical module, the same amount of channels via MADI optical.

Best regards,
Max

Max wrote:

I am not aware of bandwidth issues with RME devices. Do you have details on that?

A colleague of mine had some bandwidth issues when using an older MADIface device. ( He said the he only had 4 channels available over MADI at 192 kHz)

Thanks for clearing this up though!