Topic: Annoying noise with Fireface 802

Hello everyone recently I'm getting annoying noise when I connect the fireface 802 usb cable to the USB-C HUB (UGREEN USB C Hub with 4K) on mac book pro 2017, a rare thing when I disconnect the 32 "HD LED TV LG 32LF510B-zb connected by HMDI directly to the laptop, the noise disappears, not sure where the problem comes from, whether from the usb-c hub, yamaha hs80 monitors or the TV.

thanks

Re: Annoying noise with Fireface 802

What happens if you connect the 802 to the mac book pro directly without USB hub ?

> not sure where the problem comes from, whether from the usb-c hub, yamaha hs80 monitors or the TV

Well then disconnect the different mentioned devices then you see where it comes from...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

What happens if you connect the 802 to the mac book pro directly without USB hub ?

Basically I can’t do that because i have macbook pro it has usb-c . That’s why i use the hub.

When I disconnect the tv the noise is gone but is weird...

Ground loop issue ? Does the TV have a connection to Satellite ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Nop mate i only use the tv by hmdi.

There is nothing else connected to the TV? Just power and that one HDMI line? If so removing the power plug of the TV should also stop the noise. If you have other connections - then there is more to evaluate...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

There is nothing else connected to the TV? Just power and that one HDMI line? If so removing the power plug of the TV should also stop the noise. If you have other connections - then there is more to evaluate...

Only Hmdi and the power plug are connected  when I turn off the tv the noise is gone.’but the point is I don’t know if the usb adapter or the chain connections are okay i read something the electricity connections produce noise.

Beside that i want to ask you guys is posible to conect the fireface with a cable like this??

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/audioquest … gJL1_D_BwE

Sure, that cable is not the problem. If you need to break the ground loop a USB isolator (Intona) might be necessary.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME