Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition - Bit test Howto
kindly ask for insight and help. I just guess I need some advice how to use the bit-test wavs correctly please.
I am running the ADI-2 Pro via a very cheap USB-cable and thought its a good idea to check "quality" overall.
While I do believe all is just perfect, I tried to play RME provided bit-test wav's.
But however I am playing those files, there is no message beeing displayed in the ADI-2 PRO.
If I understand correctly, then just "playing" the 4 second wav-file should trigger the ADI-2 Pro to detect the bit-test pattern and display hopefully a message "Bit Test Passed".
Trying to describe mine System:
WIN 10 Pro, ADI-2 attached via USB2
- I did an FW-upgrade with the february driver http://rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_mac.zip
- ADI-2 runs in "basic Mode USB"
- Clock-Source is set to AUto
- Samle-Rate is greyed-out, but shows 44100
- SPDIF SRC is set to OFF
- sw-version shows 97
- USB-driver: I am using the latest driver from RME 0.9.704.0
- In System-Setting for ADI I have clicked the "Disable all enhancements"
- Windows-Settings tell me: 2 channel, 24bit, 44100Hz
- Using Foobar it tells me ASIO: ASIO MADIface USB driver
Kindly ask for further insight and how to use the bit-test
p.s. If I start the tool "DigiCheck" and use Function "Bit Statistics and Noise", then all bite show "green" with RMS LB of -96 and DC=-146.