Topic: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

Where do I locate to buy this, weather from rme or Amazon, how exactly do I search for what I need this usb to power supply dongle?

http://imgur.com/gallery/oMHFOxj

2

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

This battery cable is no longer available from us. I removed it from the chapter Accessories but overlooked the text that you marked.

It might still be available when searching online.

That said I have no clue what you were reading out of that text. It doesn't talk about 'USB to power supply'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ItchyEars 2020-02-16 16:29:33)

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

MC wrote:

This battery cable is no longer available from us. I removed it from the chapter Accessories but overlooked the text that you marked.

It might still be available when searching online.

That said I have no clue what you were reading out of that text. It doesn't talk about 'USB to power supply'.

Is there such a thing as a cable that (USB on one end. On the other end the DC input dongle that plugs into the back of the rme adi-2 that gives it power?)

Basically what I want to do, is use a portable power bank around 40000mah that has usb outs that can charge things, in this caae, using this usb to DC to plug into the power bank ans then into the adi 2?

Alternatively, how do I search for it online. I don't know exactly what to type

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

The power banks that I looked for (and 1 that I had) have all many different cables and adapters.
There should be one that fits to your device.

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, Win10 Pro 1909, Cubase, UFX+, Octamic XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS BE/R BE, RayDAT, ARC USB

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

ramses wrote:

The power banks that I looked for (and 1 that I had) have all many different cables and adapters.
There should be one that fits to your device.

Can you link me up.
I don't know exactly what the size or shape of what the power Input in the adi2 is exactly to make sure I can find something that works for me. Please  help

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

The one I got I had to send back because of chimical small, so this I can definitively not recommend.
Then I didnt try anymore.

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, Win10 Pro 1909, Cubase, UFX+, Octamic XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS BE/R BE, RayDAT, ARC USB

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

ramses wrote:

The one I got I had to send back because of chimical small, so this I can definitively not recommend.
Then I didnt try anymore.

OK well I'll get a decent quality power bank, no problem, but I still need to find what that power Input on the adi-2 is called so I can search for it properly

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

MC wrote:

This battery cable is no longer available from us. I removed it from the chapter Accessories but overlooked the text that you marked.

It might still be available when searching online.

That said I have no clue what you were reading out of that text. It doesn't talk about 'USB to power supply'.



Just want to make sure this will work
Will this usb to DC(5.5mm/2.1mm)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012VLKXKM/re … sEbEYE5MSJ

And this power bank


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TMYSSZP/re … _i_PxxsEb0
(rated at 12v)

Work together as a portable power supply for the rme adi-2.?

9 (edited by Curt962 2020-02-16 21:43:48)

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

Itchy,

Unless you live in The Jungle...Let it go!

The Stock PSU is fine.  ALL Specifications for your Device were achieved with IT. Stop there.

We can be certain that SOME reviewers have found a preference..ie:  Mermaid Oil Electrolyte Batteries, with a Liberal Dose of Leprechaun...ehhh. you know where I'm going. 

The Stock PSU is fine.

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic Edition"
Cables:  Red Ones, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes (2)

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

Curt962 wrote:

Itchy,

Unless you live in The Jungle...Let it go!

The Stock PSU is fine.  ALL Specifications for your Device were achieved with IT. Stop there.

We can be certain that SOME reviewers have found a preference..ie:  Mermaid Oil Electrolyte Batteries, with a Liberal Dose of Leprechaun...ehhh. you know where I'm going.  .)

The Stock PSU is fine.

Yes fine, but I need something else for my needs. Thanks for your post.

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

Such as?

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic Edition"
Cables:  Red Ones, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes (2)

12

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

> Will this usb to DC(5.5mm/2.1mm)

What you seem to have missed is that the power bank has a direct 12 V output which plugs directly into the ADI. A USB to power cable is neither required nor would it work at all.

Did you read this?

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25745

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Rme power supply cable for the rme adi-2?

MC wrote:

> Will this usb to DC(5.5mm/2.1mm)

What you seem to have missed is that the power bank has a direct 12 V output which plugs directly into the ADI. A USB to power cable is neither required nor would it work at all.

Did you read this?

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25745

OH wow ok, thanks so much looks like all I need is done with 1 purchase and last 4/5 hrs of playback, enough for me while googn forth and back from multiple offices everyday, I appreciate it. Ordered a 12v one and it also had the dc cables dongle. Thank you sir.