Topic: DSD background noise

Imsry for the partial use of machine translation. I have Noise when playing DSD (ADI 2 DAC FS). This is background noise, especially noticeable in pauses.
It is only when using active acoustics. Acoustics is fully operational. There is nothing similar about playing PCM. I turn on the same entry in the DSP - there is noise there. Then the same album in PCM - pure sound. All records in PCM play perfectly. Previously, everything was just as good with DSD. DSD headphones play well. Only monitors, but they are FULLY FIXED. Maybe I'm setting something up wrong? Help, I beg you!

Re: DSD background noise

As mentioned in the manual: watch the level meters. If there is level during DSD 'pause' then your player is sending this noise.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

As mentioned in the manual: watch the level meters. If there is level during DSD 'pause' then your player is sending this noise.

I just said, in pause it is especially clearly audible! There is noise in the background of the music itself.

You seem to have not understood what I wrote. Anyway, the exact same issue was just discussed here:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru … ost-329323

Some player software uses wrong filters that perform bad in DSD conversion.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

But why then can I not hear this noise with the headphones? Only monitors?

Because the active electronics in the monitors reacts on the whatever high frequency signal. Your passive headphones don't care.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by e_homo 2020-03-02 13:41:51)

What should I do ? I use 3 players. JRiver, Foobar and APlayer. Everywhere the same result - noise. But is it not a problem specifically adi 2 dac