(Amber light clipping).
I am getting Bedroom level volume.
I have to turn the monitors up full
blast (-10dB input Sens.) just to get a
decent level.

I know this is not normal as these are
Very loud monitors and with my instruments
(guitar or keyboard + preamp) I barely ever
need the monitors set more than halfway.

Why am I having to turn my Babyface output
all the way up till it almost clips just to
Get a decent volume? Why is it only putting out
-10dB at maximum output level?
Is there any way to set the output strength
higher WITHOUT going into the red clipping zone?

I can't keep my monitors permanently set to - 10dB
(Full output) because my Axe FX 3 which I use as
A preamp/soundcard to Play and record electric guitars is then Way TOO Loud!! I need to be able to
Balance the babyface with the monitors & Axe Fx
Which is +4dB out

Re: Babyface Too Quiet?!

Which Babyface (old BBF, BBF Pro, new Pro FS) ? The new BBF Pro FS has a switch on the bottom to switch outputlevel between +4 and +19 dBu. But no matter which value you choose it should be loud enough. Just an additional thing to check.

Is DIM activated either on:
- DAW
- BBF
- TotalMix FX ?

Which OS ? If Windows: which driver are you using in your DAW ? PC Driver or RME ASIO driver. If you should not use RME ASIO driver then the Windows sound system (mixer) is in the signal path.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Which Babyface (old BBF, BBF Pro, new Pro FS) ? The new BBF Pro FS has a switch on the bottom to switch outputlevel between +4 and +19 dBu. But no matter which value you choose it should be loud enough. Just an additional thing to check.

Is DIM activated either on:
- DAW
- BBF
- TotalMix FX ?

Which OS ? If Windows: which driver are you using in your DAW ? PC Driver or RME ASIO driver. If you should not use RME ASIO driver then the Windows sound system (mixer) is in the signal path.

I'm using the old Blue babyface, Windows 10. Not using a DAW for this, I'm using the babyface just to play music. (Windows media player). Have selected Rme analog 3+4 as the sound device. My Babyface is turned up to full output, DIM is NOT activated, and the volume at the computer is 75 % because anything over 75 is too high for the Babyface USB input...

stav10020438 wrote:

and the volume at the computer is 75 % because anything over 75 is too high for the Babyface USB input...

What exactly does that refer to? USB is not an "input"....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:
stav10020438 wrote:

and the volume at the computer is 75 % because anything over 75 is too high for the Babyface USB input...

What exactly does that refer to? USB is not an "input"....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have my laptop connected to babyface via USB, and Babyface outs to monitors via XLR.

I mean the Babyface headroom (input) is almost clipping when the computer volume is set above 75. So when I am playing music on my laptop, I have to lower the volume from 100 to avoid seeing the red zone on total mix fx.

Is the old mk1 blue babyface - 10dB output level only ? 

I'm not sure why I can't seem to get the music very loud from the babyface?? My output level is set to max (Amber light), the laptop has volume at 75%, and my monitors are turned up to full. The PAD feature is off.  It sounds good but I don't have as much volume range / potential as I would hope for.

Analog 3+4 is the headphones output. XLR is output 1+2. So if you set this correct, first turn your speakers down a lot. It can be you are still hearing something because in totalmix out3+4 is routed to 1+2 but not at full level.
Hope this is it...

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632