1 (edited by bracko 2020-03-13 08:03:53)

Topic: My new ADI-2 DAC is version 2.0/2.1

Hi all

I am new on this forum and this is my first post. I am avid headphone listener and needed something to use with my laptop.

I got my new ADI-2 DAC yesterday. In the box I found a new large remote but also a user's guide where it says v2.0 (at the bottom of every page). I also found two paper sheets with additions and changes to the manual. The version stated on these two paper sheets is v2.1. These technical data (SNR and THD values) differ and are slightly worse than the technical data stated in the new user's manual http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2dacr_e.pdf.

So my question now is: Do I have ADI-2 DAC with the latest hardware? If not, what is the version that I have.

Hope someone can help me to clarify this :-)

2 (edited by Curt962 2020-03-13 08:22:59)

Re: My new ADI-2 DAC is version 2.0/2.1

Hi Bracko,

In your ADI-2DAC I/O menu...scroll through the available DA Filter Options.   Do you see "SD LD" ??   (Short Delay Low Dispersion)

If you do, you can.be assured that you have the very latest hardware.

See Pg.21 of your Users Manual for details.

Welcome to the Forum!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Curt962 wrote:

Hi Bracko,

In your ADI-2DAC I/O menu...scroll through the available DA Filter Options.   Do you see "SD LD" ??   (Short Delay Low Dispersion)

Yes, I can see "SD LD". The option is not stated in the User's Manual v2.0.
So this is a hardware related filter specific for AK4493?
I am not sure though why some of the SNR and THD values stated in the specs I got are worse than those stated in ver. 2.2.

Curt962 wrote:

Welcome to the Forum!

Curt

Thank you and thanks for helping me.

4 (edited by KaiS 2020-03-13 08:46:40)

bracko wrote:

I am not sure though why some of the SNR and THD values stated in the specs I got are worse than those stated in ver. 2.2.

Because you have the new, improved hardware smile and the printed manual is for the older version.

KaiS wrote:

Because you have the new, improved hardware smile and the printed manual is for the older version.

Yes :-) The values in the appendix (v2.1) are somwhere inbetween the old specs (v1.8) and the new ones (v2.2). That's mostly why I wondered :-)

6 (edited by Curt962 2020-03-13 16:51:41)

Bracko,

Insider Secret...  smile

The Downloadable User Manual, in searchable PDF format is your Best Friend!

"The User Manual" is THE DEFINITIVE Source of All Knowledge, and Wisdom relating to your RME Gear.   smile

With that manual,  saved to your Smart Phone, Tablet, etc you can always have immediate access to the MOST up to date documentation.   

Best to You for a Happy, and Informed Ownership experience!

Curt

Curt962 wrote:

Bracko,

Insider Secret...  smile

The Downloadable User Manual, in searchable PDF format is your Best Friend!

"The User Manual" is THE DEFINITIVE Source of All Knowledge, and Wisdom relating to your RME Gear.   smile

With that manual,  saved to your Smart Phone, Tablet, etc you can always have immediate access to the MOST up to date documentation.   

Best to You for a Happy, and Informed Ownership experience!

Curt

Got it smile
One thing is sure. The sound this unit produces is simply breathtaking cool

big_smile

Seems things are going well for you Bracko.

That's the whole idea yes? 

Enjoy your new RME, and know that the Forum is here to help!

Best

Curt