Topic: Volume Control on ADI2 Pro in Digi Thru Mode

Hello,

Here's my setup:

UCX connects to the Mac with USB

UCX SPDIF Out (Optical) - ADI2 Pro SPDIF In, under Digi Thru Mode

ADI2 Pro AES Out - Genelec 7270A + 8351 (Chained with AES) 

So the question is:
Is it possible to use the ADI2's Volume Knob to control the output volume?

Now the 1/2 is displayed as "Off" even though the sound is coming out of the speakers. 3/4 for phones works fine. 

Is it because the signal just passes through ADI2 so volume control has to be done on UCX's TotalMix? 

Thanks for your time!

Re: Volume Control on ADI2 Pro in Digi Thru Mode

Not sure, maybe digital through is not the correct mode, maybe it works as designed as it passes the signal through.

Please try to use ADDA converter mode and set digital out source to either default or main out (if required).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Not sure, maybe digital through is not the correct mode, maybe it works as designed as it passes the signal through.

Please try to use ADDA converter mode and set digital out source to either default or main out (if required).

Thank you so much! Switching to ADDA mode worked.
I chose the Digi Thru Mode since I thought there's no actual conversion happening, just passing through digital signal.

4 (edited by ramses 2020-03-21 12:53:06)

Nice that it worked for you.

BTW .. the description of the different modes in chapter 17 of the manual are useful to find the proper mode.

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2profsr_e.pdf

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi Jason!   

Welcome to the Group!   You surely had the good fortune of finding Ramses in your first post to assist in your Signal Routing matter.  He (Ramses) is a Well-Regarded Voice on such things! 

Enjoy your New RME!!

Best to You,

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes