> but I would like a slightly warmer sound through my Audio Physic Scorpio 25
You are giving no useful information about the room / the surrounding conditions, what music material you are talking about, so all that people can tell at best is pure "guesswork" ...
The DAC performs high quality D/A conversion ... very very unlikely that it sucks .. you need to look elsewhere ...
So if you do not like the sound now, then either a single item or a combination of items are the problem
- maybe your old DAC colored the sound
- the speaker simply do not sound good
- the location of the speaker are not ideal for the room so that certain frequencies are too intensive and others too low
- your listening position is not good
- maybe the room is "out of glass", too many hard reflections
- the recording is bad
- maybe your listening habits have been different for your lifetime, now you get a sound that you are not used too
- you do not have a room optimized for listening to audio
- you are missing the warm fuzzy feeling of being able to press loudness on your amp
- you are not using ADI-2 DAC's PEQ
- you are not using ADI-2 DAC's dynamic loudness feature
- you are not using Bass / Treble control
be creative .. measure ... change speaker positions ... try other speakers ... try your speakers in another room ...
use PEQ ... use NOS D/A filter (less treble) ... ... ... ...
Ask Curt ... he can tell you about the importance of positioning of speakers in a room.
> can an IFI spdif purifier make any difference
Usually simply less $$$ in the pocket...
You should describe your use case more verbose so that everybody is able to understand what the issue is, what you want to solve. Currently you do not tell which devices are connected to each other and how and what issue you have.
Most of all these solutions with "purifier" in the product description is snake oil. If you have no real issue, then you need "none" of these products. Do you have / hear humm ?
Simply try to use optical SPDIF whereever possible and if you have no humm with coaxial SPDIF, then its also fine.
X10SRi-F, Win10 Pro 1909, Cubase, UFX+, Octamic XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS BE/R BE, RayDAT, ARC USB