Topic: more than 20 (24) channels on iPad

Hi, is there a configuration that allows more than 24 channels of simultaneous recording on an iPad Pro? It has USBc interface and more horsepower than pretty much all laptops...
We used a MADIface pro in class compliant mode (in combination with a AD32m pro. Unfortunately we couldn't use the the first four channels because they are routed fixed to the four onboard AD converters :-( Then we just talk about 20 channels, which is too less for orchestra recordings :-(

Re: more than 20 (24) channels on iPad

An answer like "It's impossible" or we are working on it but can't give information about release time" or "we are not interested in, the market is too small" would be very appreciated... smile

still not even a hint? :-(

mruebsamen wrote:

still not even a hint? :-(

I believe the limitation is built into iOS so you'd need to ask Apple!

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

iOS did not support 'high bandwidth mode' to transfer the amount of isochronous audio data needed for more than 24 channels. I doubt this has changed with the iPad Pro.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

iOS did not support 'high bandwidth mode' to transfer the amount of isochronous audio data needed for more than 24 channels. I doubt this has changed with the iPad Pro.

Apple markets full USB 3.1 speed for iPad...
And in fact downloading large files like movies are at least 5 times faster the USB 2.0 Lightning...

here is a link to the heise magazine, which tested it..
https://www.heise.de/mac-and-i/meldung/ … ml?seite=3

Marcus

Doesn't mean anything for isochronous audio. High Speed was already there for USB 2/Lightning - but data only. Honestly we have no time currently to open a research project that will require a lot of time and work, plus firmware changes on several products (IF it works at all), yet gives improvement only to a handfull of users.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Doesn't mean anything for isochronous audio. High Speed was already there for USB 2/Lightning - but data only. Honestly we have no time currently to open a research project that will require a lot of time and work, plus firmware changes on several products (IF it works at all), yet gives improvement only to a handfull of users.

Ok, understood.
Thank you for the honest answer...