1 (edited by farout 2020-04-02 02:32:12)

Topic: Main Output to AES

I am attempting to route the main output of my ADI-2 Pro FS to AES digital out to Genelec SAM monitors. Connected via USB with mode set to Auto.

At this time on screen, the 1/2 at bottom left shows "off" rather than a level (unable to find any reference to this state in manual). During playback, the only meter with a signal is 3/4 (headphones). Clocking the volume encoder is also not switching to main output anymore and remains on Phones 3/4.

I've set Options > Dig. Out Source to Main Output.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Re: Main Output to AES

I would read manual ch. 17, look at the block diagrams and try digital through mode, see 17.5.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

It's off because you inserted phones and have the Mute Line function to shut off the rear outputs then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It's off because you inserted phones and have the Mute Line function to shut off the rear outputs then.

Thanks! This was the issue.

For anyone who may run into this, the setting to change this behavior: Setup > Options > Phones  > Mute v. TRS 3/4 > Off

Setting the Dig. Out Source to "Main Output" now allows volume control of the monitors connected via AES as desired.