Topic: Changing routing in USB Multi-Channel Mode

Hello,

I have an ADI2Pro and I was wondering if it is possible to change the channel routing when in Multi-Channel mode?

As it currently stands, AES is set to USB Record 3/4 and the USB PLayback is set to 5/6. I would like to have them both set to 5/6 (Input and Output).

My reason for this is because I wish to use the AES connection to my digital limiter when mastering in Protools, however, Protools does not allow you to have different inputs and outputs for Inserts.

As a result of this, the ADI2PRO sends audio out using the AES output (5/6) and only accepts signal back into Protools when using the Coaxial connection (Input 5/6).

I'm not sure if it's even possible to change the channel routing when in USB Multi-Channel Mode, but it would be a great help in allowing me to continue to use the ADI2PRO in my mastering setup.

Any thoughts would be greatly, appreciated.

Thank you.

2 (edited by KaiS 2020-04-08 08:35:10)

Re: Changing routing in USB Multi-Channel Mode

There is no way to change ADI-2 Pro's I/O assignment.

I could offer a workaround:
Use SPDIF (=5/6) as input to the ADI-2 Pro, then it corresponds to ADI's AES output 5/6.

AES and SPDIF are similar enough that for most pro devices it's exchangable, specially if SPDIF cable lenght is not too long (AES can reach futher then SPDIF).

One thing to watch out for:
ADI-2 Pro's SPDIF is not galvanically isolated (no output transformer), so have an eye on possible ground loops.