Topic: ADI-2 FS Phone output and stereo output.

Hello, I Just received the adi-2 fs the slim downed version.  I have everything set up but can't seem to separate the stereo output with the headphone output.  With speakers on and headphones plugged in, if I turn the volume up on total mix fx, then it affects both outputs. I can't seem to figure out how to turn down the speakers and listen only to headphones without turning my speakers off themselves.  The variable output level is disabled on my unit.  I have it plugged into my babyface pro via adat and see all the proper levels through total mix.

Re: ADI-2 FS Phone output and stereo output.

In your manual, right at the front there is a quick start section that explains this:

The button ANALOG OUTPUT - LEVEL also offers the option of switching the VOL knob into
the rear output signal path, for variable adjustment of the rear output level. This is done by
pressing and holding the button for 2 seconds. The active function is visualized by dimmed
OUTPUT LEVEL LEDs.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes thank you for your reply.  I understand that and should have asked is this possible in total mix in that should I have two separate outputs one for analog main and one for headphone output?  Sort of like the babyface pro has?  I can't seem to figure out how to separate the two in total mix.

4 (edited by ramses 2020-04-09 21:03:32)

j-harr wrote:

I understand that and should have asked is this possible in total mix in that should I have two separate outputs one for analog main and one for headphone output?  Sort of like the babyface pro has?  I can't seem to figure out how to separate the two in total mix.

ADI-2 FS doesn't support TotalMix FX. Its more a converter / USB DAC type of device than a recording interface
with a mixing software allowing to perform flexible phones / monitor mixes.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

should I have two separate outputs one for analog main and one for headphone output?

No, these always have the same signal. There is only one stereo DAC (and one stereo ADC) inside. For an independent output 3/4 you need the ADI-2 Pro.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes that is exactly the answer I was looking for thank you!