Topic: Feature request: ADI-2 DAC FS – LG Sound Sync

Hello,

I like to add a feature request to the ADI-2 DAC.

I use a LG TV (as perhaps many other users). LG supports the control of volume over SPDIF. It's called LG Sound Sync.

It would be great if you could implement it for the ADI-2 DAC.

https://github.com/hifiberry/hifiberry- … ring-lg.md

HifiBerry-DSP added this to their code. This could be found on Github.

Thanks
Jan

Re: Feature request: ADI-2 DAC FS – LG Sound Sync

Any ideas to this? I would really like to have it.

Won't come. The hardware can not read out such Channel Status data, and implementing that into the FPGA is cumbersome. It would be easier doing this in software, but there is no such port nor processor available.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

kmplng wrote:

Hello,

I use a LG TV (as perhaps many other users). LG supports the control of volume over SPDIF. It's called LG Sound Sync.

Thanks
Jan

May I ask why you need it ?

In my setup I am using either the remote control of the ADI-2 DAC or the remote control of the HiFi amp to control the volume. What purpose does this have ? Can you explain your setup and the use case for that ? Thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by N00b 2020-04-16 11:53:59)

kmplng wrote:

Hello,

Thanks
Jan

LG TV here too (OLED <3 ), but I prefer to control the volume with the RME remote, like for all my sources (computer, CD player, TV, BR player etc.).
I use the volume control on the TV remote when I want to use the TV internal speakers (when the hi-fi is off).

I think it depends on everyone's habits... but RME cannot implement all the proprietary control systems of every brand on the market...

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Agreed N00b

RME is not in the Home Automation Business.  My Wife has her TV, and I have my RME.  The Remotes are Co-Located on the End Table, and we use whichever is needed.  Systems Integration...Southern Style Y'all! 

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

@kmplng

If it's all about remote control ability, grab Logitech Harmony Elite. I've got one and can easily control all my AV gears with one remote. Even lights in my room I turn ON/OFF and dim with the same remote. Automation is fun!!! smile

Regards, Siemak

It also does no harm to move three times a day wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

It also does no harm to move three times a day wink

Feel the Burn!!  big_smile

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes