Topic: 1610 available? and a routing question

Hi,
is the m1610 available now?
I would connect it to a MADIface pro or to an DIGIface AVB.
Is it possible to route inputs directly to the outputs (Low latency mixes) and can I control the output volume of several outputs directly with the knob or do I have to use total mix on a computer? Is there a standalone operation possible?
Best regards, Marcus

Re: 1610 available? and a routing question

The m1610 implements a routing matrix. You can route all inputs to all outputs. You can set the routing ether via web browser since the m1610 has a web server build in. Or you set the routing via Hive (AVB Controller from Christophe Calmejane). The routing is low latency.

I forgot to mention that you can set the routing with the knob and the LCD display directly at the unit.

And to answer your availability question: it will be available in Summer, it is not available right now. It operates stand-alone. Gain groups are not planned at this time, but I'd take that as a feature request for a future firmware into our backlog if you could elaborate a bit on your use-case:
In particular, since you will have to do mixes in the interface, which could be additionally controlled by ARC USB with fader groups and all that luxury - do you really need anything else but Mute and Line Level on the M-1610 Pro itself?

5 (edited by mruebsamen 2020-05-08 11:58:42)

Dear Uwekrist and Max,

thank you for your answers. My scenario for the 1610 is as follows.
For location recordings we have a RME M32 AD pro (which I really like). For the Studio we had 2 Prism Orpheus (basically a 8 channel interface). One was used as a Monitor controller (6 Outs for Surround and 2 for nearfield monitoring; and 6 Inputs form a surround source). The other one was used with mastering outboard gear and daisy chained with the first one (which is nice because it just needs one Firewirecable between the racks) . Unfortunately on both prism the firewire chip died :-(
I also have a RME ADI 2 DAC fs which I like a lot and a MADIface pro and a Digiface AVB. Computer is a Mac Pro.
My idea was to hookup the 1610 to the Digiface AVB and use the inputs and Outputs in the same way as with my 2 Prism Orpheus. But for this I have to be able to mix and route Inputs directly to Outputs (i.e. Input 1 should be routed to Output 1 and 3 and so on...) and certainly it would be great to control the volume for all 8 output channels simultaneously.
I thought already about the UFX+. But
1. Computer and AD/DA have a distance about 10 meters (too much for thunderbolt or USB 3
2. I don't need any Mic Pres
3. I would love to keep the level of audio quality compared to the prisms and / or M32

-->m1610 still sounds like a good option. But summer is really late :-(