Topic: Amazon Music HD

Hi, I have a trial version of the Amazon Music HD app in my iMac, which is hooked up to my ADI-2 DAC via USB. Until today the app was correctly showing my device capability (i.e. that of the ADI-2 DAC) as 24bit/768kHz. Now it shows me 24bit/44.1 kHz and is playing at 16bit/44.1kHz even when the track quality is higher. I have reset the DAC to factory defaults but it persists. Does anyone know what the problem might be, or has anyone had a similar experience? I would also be interested to hear opinions about Amazon HD. Thanks!

Re: Amazon Music HD

In my own experience on Mac OS, you must select the correct output soundrate in the "Audio MIDI Setup" of Mac OS (in Application -> Utilities).

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

How are you determining track sampling rate? I don't see it displayed on my Windows version

Thanks for the audio MIDI suggestion; that worked; I never knew about it. Much appreciated.

On the Mac app, at the bottom, by the artist name, either HD or Ultra HD is highlighted in yellow. Click on it to see the sampling rate.

Very interesting thanks. I've often wondered if the sampling rate I have set on the Dac differs from the rate of songs I listen to, but the information is seldom available. I see most songs are 44khz which is what I have the Dac set at in MadiFace