Topic: EQ chart color

Hi All,

I'm a new owner of ADI-2 DAC FS. I just realized that the color (Green & Cyan) of the EQ would be different when playing DSD file or normal music file.

Normal music file
Green - looks green
Cyan - not too blue
Amber - no change

DSD
Green - become Cyan color as same as playing normal file
Cyan - more blue
Amber - no change

I would like to check if it just happened on my DAC or any other folks has the same problem?

Thank you

Re: EQ chart color

Hi anguscpy,

See manual on page 33...

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

3 (edited by Curt962 2020-05-11 00:44:03)

DSD (even the Fake stuff) uses a LOT of processing resources.  Coordinating the Display with your Home Decór, and individual Color Preferences was probably not really a pressing matter in the Design of the ADI-2 DAC.   Ya know?
big_smile

Just Saying...  smile

Enjoy your ADI-2 DAC!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Thank you for reply.

I have read the manual P.33 & P.34, it mentioned display will be changed to blue during playing DSD file. All is clear now.

5 (edited by N00b 2020-05-11 14:15:56)

anguscpy wrote:

Thank you for reply.

I have read the manual P.33 & P.34, it mentioned display will be changed to blue during playing DSD file. All is clear now.

Great news. The manual is a good place to start before calling it "problems" wink

https://wiki.zenk-security.com/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=&w=640&h=640&media=rtfm.jpg

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Hi there. My new ADI 2 DAC FS won't change color when playing DSDs. I get the correct sample rate. Wish i could get it to do it like yours. I have firmware version 34. Any help would be appreciated. Thnx.

Go to the State Overview screen and check that you indeed get a DSD signal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by FireTiger 2022-08-21 09:15:26)

Hi, Just purchased new ADI 2 FS with ESS chip.  When I play DSD files, I confirm the State Overview screen says it's getting a DSD128 signal (352.8) via USB, but no chart color changes as described in the manual.  It uses the latest firmware and driver. Any fix for this?

9 (edited by ramses 2022-08-21 09:34:27)

FireTiger wrote:

Hi, Just purchased new ADI 2 FS with ESS chip

Please note: the name of the product is ADI-2 DAC FS or ADI-2 Pro FS (and some product variations over time).
An overview you can find here:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=32506
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ent … ses-en-de/

ADI-2 FS is a different product without USB and without DVD and many enhanced features of the ADI-2 DAC/Pro series of devices.

It uses the latest firmware and driver.

Do yourself and others a favor and always mention driver and firmware version numbers explicitly, thanks.
After a couple of weeks or months, “latest” isn't valid anymore.
It can also lead to confusion and simply wastes time, if it is not clear which version you use or if you use an older version.
In such a case, everybody could tell you, e.g., to try a new version. Or if it is the latest version it becomes clear, that there might still be an issue.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13